• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking cruise missile for the people talking on their phones, going 40 mph in the fast lane.;)
Seriously, something 'like' that is on my list of goodies. Gotta make sure the wife can handle sitting in the back seat...short jaunts around the state (baby steps), before I point it towards Colorado to visit family.
I worry more about the ones on their phones doing 90 miles an hour.....

Roberto Benitez

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It's one thing to add an $800* automatic transmission to a $20,000 or a $15,000 vehicle (or even $12,000 to a Chevy "Speck"), but to add that amount (almost 1/8 or over 11.75%) to a $6,800 vehicle is another.

Right now, however, that is the ONLY option I MUST have...too much stop and go on my I-10 commute for a stick.

Anyone going to do me one better and go completely BASE model?

*per phone call to Elio, that's the maximum they hope to charge for the automatic transmission option

Hey Txconsin, apparently we are neighbors--I am from the north side of Houston.

Anyways, I used to drive a manual--in Houston traffic--and miss it nonetheless, so definitely will stick with manual transmission. I have seen interesting paint-job mods, so may do that after. I may choose the P3 style fenders if available, and the smart phone-ready setup if the price is comparable to after market prices. But, most likely I will go with base.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you are on your side, door down, wouldn't the other window become your sunroof?
If the frame is warped just a little, chances are the sun roof will not operate unless it's a pop up.

Good point. If the sunroof is big enough and will pop out it might give you another exit option. Hard to predict what could happen in a wreck.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's one thing to add an $800* automatic transmission to a $20,000 or a $15,000 vehicle (or even $12,000 to a Chevy "Speck"), but to add that amount (almost 1/8 or over 11.75%) to a $6,800 vehicle is another.

Right now, however, that is the ONLY option I MUST have...too much stop and go on my I-10 commute for a stick.

Anyone going to do me one better and go completely BASE model?

*per phone call to Elio, that's the maximum they hope to charge for the automatic transmission option
Gotta have cruise control and automatic transmission, at least. Other than that, I'm good to go. :)

Top Bottom