• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

Kronos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This new information (along with a lot of previously known things) has really made me a bit worried about how many things there are still to do before production is scheduled to begin in late 2015. Doesn't it seem a bit, to say the least, ambitious? Haha. Still trying to keep optimistic though. :)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I asked point blank if they still project going into production late next year and was assured that they do .... I can see how they can go into production without all their retail outlets in place and can do so without an extensive test drive tour .... once the motor passes, other things can happen in quick succession .... I guess time will tell

Jim

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
At this time we do not know what a base vehicle will be, so how would anyone really know yet.

if I was to place a bet and I seldom do for more than a Coke, I'd bet the base model without taxes or any other charges will come in under $7,000 .... I have nothing to go on in making that prediction other than I am convinced they are making every effort to hit the $6,800 mark .... with the options I know we want (AMT, some components of the Skyz system, tinted windows, extra set of P3 front fenders, leather electric seats, and who knows what else) I figure ours will come in around $10,000

Jim

Last edited:

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
if I was to place a bet and I seldom do for more than a Coke, I'd bet the base model without taxes or any other charges will come in under $7,000 .... I have nothing to do on in making that prediction other than I am convinced they are making every effort to hit the $6,800 mark .... with the options I know we want (AMT, some components of the Skyz system, tinted windows, extra set of P3 front fenders, leather electric seats, and who knows what else) I figure ours will come in around $10,000

Jim
I'm with you on that.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess if there is one good thing to be said about waiting for a vehicle is that it allows you to refining your wants . I originally thought that I would need to buy my Elio with an automatic tranny because the wife does not shift. Over the past few months it's become clear that she will not be driving it ......ever .....
Ergo , it's base model with sliding sunroof ( if available ) for me . Color TBD

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was going to buy just the basic, but I am thinking about getting the Skyz system for my Elio. Just not sure at this moment. I guess depend on $$$$$$ cost.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom