• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Elio Being Ignored By Mainstream Auto Industry Press?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On one level I want the Elio to retain the present motorcycle classification because I anticipate lower insurance premiums and recurring license fee. But I can see where others would like a car classification.
I'm with you Pat. I don't know about insurance rates but I do know my license will be less expensive as a motorcycle. The first one is $96 and that is for 4 years. After that it is $48 for 2 years. Of course the rates will likely go up but this is about $20 less than car renewal license fees. :-) Z

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We won't see any actual 'REVIEWS' until Elio Motors has a vehicle WITH the IAV engine and drivetrain. They would be FOOLISH to have their 'first reviews' based on an unfinished prototype...... with a 20-year old motor. FIRST the vehicle....... THEN the reviews!

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has Anyone Seen A Write up In A Major Auto Magazine?

Yes, here is the editor of HP monthly reviewing this truck and it states the Elio is in the next edition.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxrcR1qoPsEB1VHN-4W23QtSLMYckiRIjh9vy-ymFiPe6QuH8Lbg.jpg

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
reviews of the elio in magazines like Popular Science, Car and Driver, Popular Mechanics and the like. Perhaps they won't review it until it is in production but I think I have seen all sorts of articles on things that were still on the drawing boards or less far along than the Elio is. Perhaps if subscribers wrote in and asked what the hell was wrong and why don't you have the Elio on the cover something might happen.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
reviews of the elio in magazines like Popular Science, Car and Driver, Popular Mechanics and the like. Perhaps they won't review it until it is in production but I think I have seen all sorts of articles on things that were still on the drawing boards or less far along than the Elio is. Perhaps if subscribers wrote in and asked what the hell was wrong and why don't you have the Elio on the cover something might happen.

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-g...-84-mpg-for-the-price-of-a-decade-old-corolla

http://www.popularmechanics.com/car...-and-his-ultralight-three-wheel-cars-15506622

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pity the Popular Mechanics piece is one prototype and over a year out of date: "The target production and sales date will be June 2014. We're set to take ownership of the old GM plant in Shreveport [La.] and expect to hire around 1500 employees."

It would be nice if they did an update ... but like everybody, we're all hanging in space. Still no running engine, no tranny, and no $$ commitments .... just 33,700 people who have plunked some money down. tic,tic,tic,tic,tic .... something's gotta pop pretty soon, one way or another.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pity the Popular Mechanics piece is one prototype and over a year out of date: "The target production and sales date will be June 2014. We're set to take ownership of the old GM plant in Shreveport [La.] and expect to hire around 1500 employees."

It would be nice if they did an update ... but like everybody, we're all hanging in space. Still no running engine, no tranny, and no $$ commitments .... just 33,700 people who have plunked some money down. tic,tic,tic,tic,tic .... something's gotta pop pretty soon, one way or another.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I read those two articles back when I first joined elioowners. One of them is dated May of 2013 and I am not sure that either of them ended up in the print version of the magazine. I think it is time for someone to drive P4 and do an article that is up to date. I was trying to come up with a way to move that process along. I really think that someday the Elio will make the front covers of those magazines and others and that will generate a lot of interest. I am still running into people who have never heard of the Elio and a significant number of them express real interest when I mention the price and mileage. I don't subscribe to any of that type of magazine so I cannot be of much help but I am sure that there are people in the group who do and who could jack them up a little. Larry

Top Bottom