• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Elio Sandbagging?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The early bird catches the worm, but it's always the second mouse that gets the cheese.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv56G-2skc0IiUjQMNA6bM3nLAGNgLkgc3IrrjTMI-LC-ZdyfE.jpg

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't heard that progress has been made on finding a new air conditioner supplier or developing the transmission...Still a lot to do before production begins. I do hope it happens in 2015 though!
Me too and I hope the production will start sometime near Labor Day time frame.

Last edited by a moderator:

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
for my edification and enlightenment ..;).. I've never leased a vehicle .... is it possible to extend a lease for a few months
My understanding is no but I will not do that anyway as payment is $500/ month. A buddy wants to buy it for his wife and then I will ask him to use her current car or rent that vehicle if needed for gap.

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You do have a good grasp of things -- it's appreciated. The only kicker I know of is that the 25 test vehicles are being outsourced, and construction of them has not yet begun. Without automated tooling, I don't see how they can wait, and then build the test vehicles in a timely enough manner to have testing completed, or at least well under way, while they're building up the plant. The machining specs depend on at least one of those vehicles being completed, so not having even started them indicates things may run more slowly than you suggest (and we all hope). To make their 3rd (or even 4th) quarter deadline, they need to be building those buggies NOW.

I can't see delaying construction of the test fleet waiting for the ATVM. (The Robert E. Lee?). Elio has claimed that they have the funding for those test vehicles, and if so -- why delay building them? The engines can be dropped in late in the process -- it's not like building the shell around the drive train (or is it?). What this looks like is sequential staging, instead of concurrent operations (engine and test car build). Not being on the inside, I don't know why they're going this route, but it surely does look peculiar for a firm as publicly committed to production as Elio now is.

I do know Paul Elio is a very, very smart cookie. I also know he's human, and therefore able to make mistakes, viz, the Elgin Dash of ill-repute. It's his car, and his strategy, and one cannot doubt his sincerity or determination to get it done. But I do hope not to die of old age before I get my Elio!

I was able to look at the Elgin dash and after seeing it I was alright with it. Sure I'd like to see it keep the dash currently in the Elio but that's not my decision. I look at the Elio as economical transportation. Sure it's cool but it's not a 1969 RS/SS Camaro Pace Car Convertible or a 1957 Nomad Wagon(two of my dream cars by the way) and at $6,800.00 I will be happy with what the Elio has.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was able to look at the Elgin dash and after seeing it I was alright with it. Sure I'd like to see it keep the dash currently in the Elio but that's not my decision. I look at the Elio as economical transportation. Sure it's cool but it's not a 1969 RS/SS Camaro Pace Car Convertible or a 1957 Nomad Wagon(two of my dream cars by the way) and at $6,800.00 I will be happy with what the Elio has.
Big fan of that Camaro but Elio matches that design (IMO passes it); put 225 hp in the Elio and there ya go.

Top Bottom