• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Elio Still Saying Mid 2016 To Start Production?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the web page
EM Webpage.gif

Robert Moorman

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It will be two years in Feb. 2016 since I started my Elio order and to tell you the truth I expect it to be another year before production starts. I spent 32 years in a production environment and the logistics involved are overwhelming in new start-ups. Hopefully I am wrong and after looking at the progress made by Elio this last year they may well move the production start-up date to mid 2016.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It will be two years in Feb. 2016 since I started my Elio order and to tell you the truth I expect it to be another year before production starts. I spent 32 years in a production environment and the logistics involved are overwhelming in new start-ups. Hopefully I am wrong and after looking at the progress made by Elio this last year they may well move the production start-up date to mid 2016.
According to Elio Motors website, it's stated as Q4 2016

EM Webpage.gif

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know how they arrived at 84 MPG.... I'm doing good to get upper 50s my 500cc motorcycle ?

They haven't made 84 yet, but that's their goal. With that said.... For their size, motorcycles get terrible gas mileage. Their engines tend to be tuned for power rather than efficiency and their aerodynamics could hardly be worse if you tried to make them worse.

Put it this way: There's nothing difficult about building a vehicle that can get 84 mpg. What's difficult is building a vehicle that gets 84 mpg that people will actually buy!

Top Bottom