• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is It Fact Or Fiction

Grayfox72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
There are two sides to every story.....You be the judge... Someone in this forum) and I can't locate the message right now) had said he spoke with Mr. Elio recently and was told that the start date for production will be May 2015, now that is interesting since nowhere in the Elio websites has that information been made public. Seems there is a problem with the AMT ??? I find it very interesting that this one individual has acquired this very important secret information.
We, who went ALL-IN at 1K would be considered investors in this dream, and if such a statement was made by Mr. Elio, why haven't we been told officially ??..... Now I don't have a problem with set-backs ( just means problems are being corrected), but it's unusual for a transparent company such as Elio to hold back this info, if it were true.... All the up to date information is that March 2015 will be the production date..... Has anyone heard differently?? other than this one individual ??... Let's all get the correct story.......

Grayfox72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
And this video is the most recent communication from Mr. Elio......so does that statement from the unknown informant hold any value ???? He also stated that Mr. Elio said there would be another prototype P5 in the spring and possibly a P6 prior to production date......I just wish I could find this message....

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And this video is the most recent communication from Mr. Elio......so does that statement from the unknown informant hold any value ???? He also stated that Mr. Elio said there would be another prototype P5 in the spring and possibly a P6 prior to production date......I just wish I could find this message....
only other things he stated was that production is most likely gonna get pushed back again. said he is still trying for 1st qtr. but most likely will be beginning of 2nd like may of 2015. said some colors will cost more than others. Right now red is most expensive color to order. they said will be rolling out a p5 this summer. may even have a p6 by production time. said right now they not at 84 mpg. computer test put at 81. but waiting for actual iav engine before they can really test that further
mumblemouth,

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read the same post as you. It was a member of the elioclub forum that I believe stated that. A link to their post on the other forum was posted here. They stated that it is looking closer to Q2 for production start. They think they can pull off a Q1 start, but Q2 is probable. I think there was similar info in an interview in January as well, but I can't find it. If I do I will post repost the link here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grayfox72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I just visited Elio Motors on facebook, and reading some of the posts I found that a member also saw this message about the set-back....It appears that this is where the original message was posted.... I've sent an e-mail to Elio to confirm or deny the May 2015 date.....hope I get an answer.

Farm Boy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Don't get your undies all up in a bunch. I don't know why your are getting all worked up over a specific date. This is a work in progress. What difference dose the date make 30 or 45 days ether way? I have worked on some big projects before and never promised anything till I had it all done and working. I'll bet Mr Eilo gets hounded every day about when production will start so he feels he has to say something, only to have the answer nailed to his forehead when something unforeseen or or out of his control comes up and knocks the projects schedule off. I won't believe any date until the first 50 units roll off the line that are for customers to pick up. I would rather wait 6-12 months to get a car that is right than it have a half baked junk pile early, not to mention the bad press that would bring. Chill out and enjoy the ride!!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't get your undies all up in a bunch. I don't know why your are getting all worked up over a specific date. This is a work in progress. What difference dose the date make 30 or 45 days ether way? I have worked on some big projects before and never promised anything till I had it all done and working. I'll bet Mr Eilo gets hounded every day about when production will start so he feels he has to say something, only to have the answer nailed to his forehead when something unforeseen or or out of his control comes up and knocks the projects schedule off. I won't believe any date until the first 50 units roll off the line that are for customers to pick up. I would rather wait 6-12 months to get a car that is right than it have a half baked junk pile early, not to mention the bad press that would bring. Chill out and enjoy the ride!!

My sentiments exactly! I want it as fast as they can make it while also ensuring it is a quality vehicle.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are two sides to every story.....You be the judge... Someone in this forum) and I can't locate the message right now) had said he spoke with Mr. Elio recently and was told that the start date for production will be May 2015, now that is interesting since nowhere in the Elio websites has that information been made public. Seems there is a problem with the AMT ??? I find it very interesting that this one individual has acquired this very important secret information.
We, who went ALL-IN at 1K would be considered investors in this dream, and if such a statement was made by Mr. Elio, why haven't we been told officially ??..... Now I don't have a problem with set-backs ( just means problems are being corrected), but it's unusual for a transparent company such as Elio to hold back this info, if it were true.... All the up to date information is that March 2015 will be the production date..... Has anyone heard differently?? other than this one individual ??... Let's all get the correct story.......
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/automatic-transmission.124/page-5#post-4313

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think everybody is seeing the whole picture. These delays have nothing to do with the design, the engine or the testing anymore....they just didn't have enough funding to go full speed ahead! That 11,700+ reservation money is not even close enough to get everything in place. Everything cost money from setting up the assembly line with robots, to paying the suppliers to buying and setting up the dealership and don't forget the workers that need to be paid!!! Think about it people, the company that builds the IAV engine are not new to the scene, they have it already but waiting if they will be paid to mass produce it! I asked one of the guy in charge of the showing at the Phoenix, AZ and confirmed to me that the P4 is "it". Now I'm finding out that P5 and maybe P6 might still come up. If nobody says anything and just try to "chill out and enjoy the ride", we will all be taken for a ride to the edge of a cliff!
Again, I'm in the same boat with you all having reserved 1K and 2,491 on the waiting list. If there is any truth that their IAV testing came really close at 81 mpg...that is acceptable to most people including me but give us the numbers, what speed it was achieved, was there a passenger or not, etc. Wake up people, we should all be concerned right now about the funding than thinking about options, driving from the factory, etc. I woke up and I don't like what I see! Before anybody get's mad at me for being too negative...I still believe that EM has the right product, at the right time and it's good for America but if they don't come up with the investor/s to provide them with the amount to fund this project....it will stay as a "unrealized concept"!

Top Bottom