• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is It Fact Or Fiction

quarkdude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mailed letters to the governor of every state and Obama, I also sent around 50 emails, mailing address and email address can all be found online if you want to send a few.
Hello Jerry,
Thanks for sending a letter to the Governors office in New Mexico, I looked at your attachment of the letter and what they said in return in very cool. That is a ton of effort to do that for EVERY state - I give you two thumbs up and congratulate you on a huge effort. Thank you for doing this - You are the ground breaker for the Elio Road. I am going to write a letter to the governor as well so they get more exposure to the up coming Elio.
- quarkdude

AZLife

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
only other things he stated was that production is most likely gonna get pushed back again. said he is still trying for 1st qtr. but most likely will be beginning of 2nd like may of 2015. said some colors will cost more than others. Right now red is most expensive color to order. they said will be rolling out a p5 this summer. may even have a p6 by production time. said right now they not at 84 mpg. computer test put at 81. but waiting for actual iav engine before they can really test that further
mumblemouth,

I talked personally to Paul in Phoenix last week and can confirm that production is pushed back again towards the end of the 1st quarter. He did tell me certain colors will cost more, but only around $15-20 more. On another note, I was very cautious in making a non-refundable reservation, but after meeting and talking with him, I have a much greater comfort level and am now "All in".....

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I talked personally to Paul in Phoenix last week and can confirm that production is pushed back again towards the end of the 1st quarter. He did tell me certain colors will cost more, but only around $15-20 more. On another note, I was very cautious in making a non-refundable reservation, but after meeting and talking with him, I have a much greater comfort level and am now "All in".....
Hi AZLife and welcome to the group. Thank you for this very valuable information. I hope you enjoy this group. Obviously our group is getting bigger since you are member 604. We were at 500 last week and hit 550 earlier this week. I find the discussions stimulating and thought provoking even when I don't always understand what is being discussed. I hope you will also enjoy the group. Z

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's good that you had a chance to talk to Paul personally unfortunately you didn't ask what's the reasoning for the delay??? You certainly didn't think it's because of the color pricing which is a measly amount! ;)

Last edited:

AZLife

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's good that you had a chance to talk to Paul personally unfortunately you didn't ask what's the reasoning for the delay??? You certainly didn't think it's because of the color pricing which is a measly amount! ;)

Well, you are correct, I didn't ask the reason for the delay. Mainly because my mind was on the 20 other questions I was drilling him with for 20 minutes. I have to say, he answered every question I had and every answer sounded well planned out and not B.S. He was patient and very cordial. Honestly, I was quite impressed overall with what I heard and I really believe he is sincere in his mission. Most importantly, what I was most impressed with was that it doesn't sound like they are going to nickel and dime us for the cost of options. For example, I believe (and don't quote me on this) he mentioned that upgrading to an automatic transmission would only cost around $300-$500 and leather/electric seat upgrade around $350. In addition, they are building the chassis in such a manner that after market mods could easily be done without much effort. For example, if an after market roof rack were to be created, there would already be holes/mounts on the chassis for them to be screwed into. He mentioned that by the time the Elio would be released, many states (including Phoenix) might not require a motorcycle license to drive one, but they would still be classified some way as a motorcycle so you could drive it in the HOV lane. I am trying to be patient with my decision to remain just a $100 all in member, but every time I fill up my Chrysler 300 gas tank I am so very tempted to upgrade to the $500 or $1000 level. Don't think I can hold out much longer. I think it's a risk I'm willing to take. Oh, before I forget, I wasn't exactly too impressed with the Silver P2/or P3 model they were displaying in Phoenix. It was quite primitive and nothing to write home about. They really should be doing these roadshows with the P4. Those would really blow people away more!

AZLife

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi AZLife and welcome to the group. Thank you for this very valuable information. I hope you enjoy this group. Obviously our group is getting bigger since you are member 604. We were at 500 last week and hit 550 earlier this week. I find the discussions stimulating and thought provoking even when I don't always understand what is being discussed. I hope you will also enjoy the group. Z

Thanks, Zelio. I'll probably be visiting more frequently to hear everybody's opinion and learn as much as possible.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you are correct, I didn't ask the reason for the delay. Mainly because my mind was on the 20 other questions I was drilling him with for 20 minutes. I have to say, he answered every question I had and every answer sounded well planned out and not B.S. He was patient and very cordial. Honestly, I was quite impressed overall with what I heard and I really believe he is sincere in his mission. Most importantly, what I was most impressed with was that it doesn't sound like they are going to nickel and dime us for the cost of options. For example, I believe (and don't quote me on this) he mentioned that upgrading to an automatic transmission would only cost around $300-$500 and leather/electric seat upgrade around $350. In addition, they are building the chassis in such a manner that after market mods could easily be done without much effort. For example, if an after market roof rack were to be created, there would already be holes/mounts on the chassis for them to be screwed into. He mentioned that by the time the Elio would be released, many states (including Phoenix) might not require a motorcycle license to drive one, but they would still be classified some way as a motorcycle so you could drive it in the HOV lane. I am trying to be patient with my decision to remain just a $100 all in member, but every time I fill up my Chrysler 300 gas tank I am so very tempted to upgrade to the $500 or $1000 level. Don't think I can hold out much longer. I think it's a risk I'm willing to take. Oh, before I forget, I wasn't exactly too impressed with the Silver P2/or P3 model they were displaying in Phoenix. It was quite primitive and nothing to write home about. They really should be doing these roadshows with the P4. Those would really blow people away more!

AZLife, Welcome to our merry band of Elio fans.

Sounds like you had a great experience speaking with Mr. Elio. I would love to get the chance to sit down with him for a couple of minutes and pick his brain about this project.
The orange P4 is is the primary car on tour right now however as it is currently at bike week in Daytona Beach, Fl getting some huge exposure they had to use the silver P3 for your event. The next prototype, P5, is expected around the middle of the year and should be extremely close to the final design including the actual production engine and transmission.

AZLife

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
AZLife, Welcome to our merry band of Elio fans.

Sounds like you had a great experience speaking with Mr. Elio. I would love to get the chance to sit down with him for a couple of minutes and pick his brain about this project.
The orange P4 is is the primary car on tour right now however as it is currently at bike week in Daytona Beach, Fl getting some huge exposure they had to use the silver P3 for your event. The next prototype, P5, is expected around the middle of the year and should be extremely close to the final design including the actual production engine and transmission.

Thanks goofyone. Interesting enough, I could have sworn Paul mentioned that the final production release would be based more off of the P4 than the P5. He said there would be a few minor changes to it though. I could be wrong but that's what I thought he said. Does that make sense?

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks goofyone. Interesting enough, I could have sworn Paul mentioned that the final production release would be based more off of the P4 than the P5. He said there would be a few minor changes to it though. I could be wrong but that's what I thought he said. Does that make sense?
The P5 is the P4 with minor aerodynamic changes and the IAV engine/ drivetrain. Natural succession in the pursuit of the four must haves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AZ, welcome, thanks for sharing.

I have to say by all accounts Paul sounds like an engineer's engineer (from the point of view of an engineer).

Top Bottom