• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is It Fact Or Fiction

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can understand where you would be concerned about whether or not they have enough money to bring this car to production as I too see that as the biggest reason this could still fail.

Where I disagree with you is that I have not yet seen any real evidence that they are floundering because of money. They have been publicly stating for months now, prior to building the P4, that it would be June before they expected to have the new IAV engines delivered to them so they can install them in new prototypes. I expect the P5 to come in June with the new engine and near final transmission as well as the aerodynamic enhancements they have been talking about. If the middle of the year comes and goes and I am still hearing excuses then I will start to wonder about the financial viability of the project.
EM certainly deserve the benefit of the doubt and June is not that far away so I'll give them that much. By then the IAV has been fully tested and installed in the P4 to test the overall performance of the car.

Reactions: JNR

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If EM wants to be transparent, they should post in their website where they really stand with their funding and how much more do they need to keep it going. Also, they should let as know how they're going to get this additional funding...who are they "sweet talking". Heck, I don't care if EM partner with Elon Musk (SpaceX, Tesla), the big 3 or the Chinese (for their money) so long as it's built here and by our own workers using American made parts, that's all that matters right?? And get it built!

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the +1. Better be careful, one of the other post I was on, I got yelled at for that. They said I was running up my post score.
Well, I'll run mine up by one more by responding to your comment. I never considered that there may be 'value' in having a higher post score. Perhaps I should look into that. ;)

Grayfox72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This is an official update.....I sent an e-mail message to Elio Motors as follows: 03/10/2014 10:54 A.M. "" On an Elio forum site, someone stated that Mr. Elio recently stated to him that the start-up date was pushed back to May 2015 instead of March 2015, due to problems with the AMT...Is this correct or was the quote an error ? I'd like to know ( all-in at 1 K ).""
03/10/2014 8:13 P.M. a reply was sent to me which said as follows "" Elio Motors, We don't have a firm date. We're targeting early 2015 though ""
You be the judge..................

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I'll run mine up by one more by responding to your comment. I never considered that there may be 'value' in having a higher post score. Perhaps I should look into that. ;)
I don't care either. It just happened to remind me of the other forum. Something new to type.
You can only hash over the same old information so many times. We really need some new information from EM to talk about. Can't see doing this every day for another year with no new information. JMO

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is an official update.....I sent an e-mail message to Elio Motors as follows: 03/10/2014 10:54 A.M. "" On an Elio forum site, someone stated that Mr. Elio recently stated to him that the start-up date was pushed back to May 2015 instead of March 2015, due to problems with the AMT...Is this correct or was the quote an error ? I'd like to know ( all-in at 1 K ).""
03/10/2014 8:13 P.M. a reply was sent to me which said as follows "" Elio Motors, We don't have a firm date. We're targeting early 2015 though ""
You be the judge..................
I'll look for the video where Mr. Elio stated that. Hope I can find it cause there is many video'o out there. But in a nutshell it is on record for March 15 but till there is a firm date consider it indefinate.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
At this point we are at least a year out so I would consider any dates given estimates at best. We will know when the time is close as the assembly line will be getting set up and they will be hiring a bunch of workers.

Top Bottom