• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is It Fact Or Fiction

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks goofyone. Interesting enough, I could have sworn Paul mentioned that the final production release would be based more off of the P4 than the P5. He said there would be a few minor changes to it though. I could be wrong but that's what I thought he said. Does that make sense?
AZ, I think I need clarification on this. How can the production release be based more on the P4 than an upcoming P5? Did he mean the P5 is less of a change from P4 than the P4 was from the P3?

AZLife

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
AZ, I think I need clarification on this. How can the production release be based more on the P4 than an upcoming P5? Did he mean the P5 is less of a change from P4 than the P4 was from the P3?

Wish I could clarify. I just seem to recall that that he said P4 was going to be the released model (after a few minor changes). There was so much going on and side conversations happening, maybe I misunderstood. Maybe someone heard differently and can jump in here. Guess we will find out soon enough

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wish I could clarify. I just seem to recall that that he said P4 was going to be the released model (after a few minor changes). There was so much going on and side conversations happening, maybe I misunderstood. Maybe someone heard differently and can jump in here. Guess we will find out soon enough

Yes. Only one thing is for sure in this whole endeavor, we will have all the answers by this time next year.

Don’t worry, be happy :) (and wait)

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you're at Phoenix, AZ showing, then you heard it right because I got the same answer.

AZLife

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're at Phoenix, AZ showing, then you heard it right because I got the same answer.

Yep, you must have been standing right next to me when he said that. I was the one wearing the blue/black Joe Rocket jacket drilling Paul with questions for like 20 minutes. Already have a 3 wheeler (2013 Can-Am Spyder), but the gas mileage is extremely disappointing. Thus the desire for the Elio.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, you must have been standing right next to me when he said that. I was the one wearing the blue/black Joe Rocket jacket drilling Paul with questions for like 20 minutes. Already have a 3 wheeler (2013 Can-Am Spyder), but the gas mileage is extremely disappointing. Thus the desire for the Elio.
I did remember closing in to listen and I said this is good, this guy's asking what I wanted to know. Thanks for that! After I was satisfied just listening in, My wife and I started taking pictures and went home "sold" to the whole concept! The wait begins!

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw a video somewhere, with a blond woman interviewing Paul Elio and the last question she asked him was, is P4 the last prototype? Paul stated that there is a P5 coming out and that it is the same body style as the P4 with a few small changes in the front grill, the front faring, more head room in the back seat, which in turn means a larger trunk space area and a few other changes which people want... they are trying to keep the cost of the options down... they are working with 3 transmission company's on getting the best deal on automatic transmission for the Elio's.... to keep it at $6800...

Top Bottom