• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is The Elio Viable When Gas Is $2.00 A Gallon As An" And "vehicle

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ninety percent of the members are well informed, it is the others I care about. Reading about how hard it was for members to raise $1000 was hard to take. If Elio comes to fruition I will take a serious look at importing them, but not one for personal use.
I suspect you won't be able to control your curiosity and you will be driving around in one of your imported Elios, with a big smile on your face. The magnetic sign on the side of your Elio will read: Graemexx Imports, Your Unauthorized Elio Superstore. Your self proclaimed bad attitude will change to good.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ninety percent of the members are well informed, it is the others I care about. Reading about how hard it was for members to raise $1000 was hard to take. If Elio comes to fruition I will take a serious look at importing them, but not one for personal use.
The $1k non-refundable was their choice. There are a ton of options to make it affordable, including $1k refundable! Nope, your "concern"still doesn't wash. Either join the join the fun or, well, you know.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You ever been to Europe? Small cars, almost exclusively, well ok, maybe 80/20 split at most. Or Asia. I lived in Singapore and the Philippines and yes, small cars are the order of the day. Although in Europe it seems to be more of a function of space than milage, although gas prices are generally pretty high, and in Asia it's more a question of affordability of the car than mileage. The thing we have to keep in mind is the distances we cover by car in the US, mpg is fairly important as a result.
I had discussion with a European blogger regarding the Elio. He said Europeans require fast and agile vehicles and he wouldn't be caught dead driving an Elio.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just so you know, my wife and I put non-refundable money toward the car but it wasn't any where near the $1k max. You put down what you can afford. There will always be buyers remorse from some, whether due to foolish enthusiasm (what else have they spent foolishly on?) or those nasty, changing
vicissitudes of life. You only ever invest what you can afford to lose.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had discussion with a European blogger regarding the Elio. He said Europeans require fast and agile vehicles and he wouldn't be caught dead driving an Elio.
I can see that, although he may change his mind. No one's ever driven a real Elio yet! In the Elio's defense, there are tons of Smart cars there. They may be somewhat agile but fast? I don't think so!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can see that, although he may change his mind. No one's ever driven a real Elio yet! In the Elio's defense, there are tons of Smart cars there. They may be somewhat agile but fast? I don't think so!
That was exactly my reply............Try it, You'll like it!

The Elio Turbo option for the European market.

Top Bottom