• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is The Elio Viable When Gas Is $2.00 A Gallon As An" And "vehicle

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't care if gas is $0.30 cents a gallon, I'm still getting the Elio. If gas prices get cheap, like $1.99 a gallon, it'll just make day to day life that much eaiser for us who own one. Traveling anywhere will become a non-issue. Hell, I might even drive from the west coast to the east coast, just for the hell of it.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The original premise of this thread -----------
Is The Elio Viable When Gas Is $2.00 A Gallon As An" And "vehicle?
The question makes no sense.
I'll rephrase it.
Should I run the wheels off of my $45,000 pickup truck at 15 MPG combined?
or
Should I run the wheels off of my $7,000 Elio at about 60 MPG combined?
If you have to think twice to answer that question, maybe you should live in Toronto where gas costs a lot more.

Edit 9:41AM
Note: Toronto gas is about $3.07 US equivalent

I can only dream of $3.07 per gallon and yet (it's about $3.50 here), I would have to think twice about your proposition due to the limited number of miles I drive. I drive on the order of 6k miles per year. If I drove 100% of that in my truck (yeah, 15 mpg combined sounds about right) that's $1400 per year in gas. If, on the other hand, I drove 10% of that in my truck and 90% of that in an Elio, that's $455 per year in gas. Thus, the Elio saves me $945/year in gas. But that's not the only cost.... Even if we assume insurance is dirt cheap at $300/year now I'm only saving $645/year.

Blah blah blah... It will take almost 11 years to make up the purchase price of the Elio. More if I assume that I took that $7k and invested it.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ha-ha. no my part time job is delivering for Papa John's pizza.

Elio frozen pizza is a few steps below the cafeteria pizza we ate in high school.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ha-ha. no my part time job is delivering for Papa John's pizza.

Elio frozen pizza is a few steps below the cafeteria pizza we ate in high school.
Did you go to public school?, I am not even sure if the pizza at my school was technically considered food.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes ... I was a blue collar kid in a white collar school system. I was the only kid in my class of 275 who enlisted. One guy went to the Naval Academy. The majority went to college or work.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never said anyone had a bad attitude, sure the Elio might not happen, but I don't buy into the con-man idea, there's too much actually happening to be a good con (he could have skated away with the money years ago) if it's a con at this point, it would be a poorly executed con, too much has gone into R&D and property involved. Plus if I were running a con like this I would have accepted the whole $6800 up front and left town years ago.

And on that note, I am now accepting reservations for my 8400 mpg cold-fusion nuclear/steam powered SUV to be released soon
Please send $500,000 in small non-traceable bills to my PO box in the Cayman islands, as soon as I get 10 orders I promise you will get your car next day.

Will you accept a credit card drawn on the North Bank of Red River?

Top Bottom