• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is This Ruling Going To Effect Elio Since They Are Following The Telsa Sales Model.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
then watch a few side impact "safety" tests, as you watch as half the front gets eaten by the wall!
yea airbags deployed- and kiss your feet goodby
Perhaps this is the test Paul Elio was talking about. He commented that one of the tests was affected by the outrigger wheel. In this test, the outter 25% of the front on the driver's side hits the barrier. I believe how well the vehicle passes the test is determined by how well the passenger compartment stays intact and unchanged. The Elio would pass with flying colors, but Paul Elio wants to change it. Why? So it would fail the test?

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why did you wait a year to post? Just curious since I don't see much benefit to signing up unless you post occasionally.
I've signed up on a few forums I've never posted on. Once you have an account the forum software tracks which posts you've read. Then it's easy to find the new stuff all the time. You don't have to constantly search for new content.

SummerSnow

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Perhaps this is the test Paul Elio was talking about. He commented that one of the tests was affected by the outrigger wheel. In this test, the outter 25% of the front on the driver's side hits the barrier. I believe how well the vehicle passes the test is determined by how well the passenger compartment stays intact and unchanged. The Elio would pass with flying colors, but Paul Elio wants to change it. Why? So it would fail the test?

I think there's an Offset/Oblique test that hits from the front and side (it's either that or because the regular side test comes at an angle, I'm not sure). The driver's left door (or at least left side) must be the first thing to be hit. Since the wheel is hit first in the test, it doesn't apply. Paul is saying he wants the Elio to pass on its own merits instead of by some technicality, but as is, it couldn't even apply for the test made for regular cars.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think there's an Offset/Oblique test that hits from the front and side (it's either that or because the regular side test comes at an angle, I'm not sure). The driver's left door (or at least left side) must be the first thing to be hit. Since the wheel is hit first in the test, it doesn't apply. Paul is saying he wants the Elio to pass on its own merits instead of by some technicality, but as is, it couldn't even apply for the test made for regular cars.
It is my understanding that Paul wants to pay on his own to have the Elio crash tested like any 4 wheeled vehicle to see if it could rank a 5 star rating.

Top Bottom