• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is This Ruling Going To Effect Elio Since They Are Following The Telsa Sales Model.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Imagine that. :D
image.jpeg

bighammer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, that's an idea!:) Rent a large van, load it up with Elioites and head to Shreveport to pick up our baby's. We could have a rocking good time on the trip down!:D Hang out at Musicmans once we got to LA and he could serenade us for a few days?:cool: Then have a caravan as we all headed back home!:eek: Wouldn't that be a sight!;)

Sounds like fun. I'd be "all in" for that, if the timing is right. I could maybe combine it with some Louisiana music research for my radio show.

bighammer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I'm also curious if the Michigan cycle endorsement will be a requirement for driving an Elio. If so, I would guess the test requirements would need some modification. (I have mine and ride a Suzuki SV650)

bighammer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The states that still require a MC license are:

AK, GA, HI, IA, MD, ME, MO, MT, RI, SD, UT, WV and WY.

Michigan should be on the list as well.

SOS - DRIVER'S LICENSE AND STATE ID
- MICHIGAN MOTORCYCLE SAFETY PROGRAM

Laws & Regulations

• Get Your Endorsement!
    To operate a motorcycle on public roads, you must possess a valid Michigan driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement. Operating a motorcycle without an endorsement can cost you in the resulting court fines.

Definition of a Motorcycle

A motorcycle is a two- or three-wheeled motor vehicle with a saddle or seat that can attain speeds greater than 30 mph on a level surface.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Michigan should be on the list as well.

SOS - DRIVER'S LICENSE AND STATE ID
- MICHIGAN MOTORCYCLE SAFETY PROGRAM

Laws & Regulations

• Get Your Endorsement!
    To operate a motorcycle on public roads, you must possess a valid Michigan driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement. Operating a motorcycle without an endorsement can cost you in the resulting court fines.

Definition of a Motorcycle

A motorcycle is a two- or three-wheeled motor vehicle with a saddle or seat that can attain speeds greater than 30 mph on a level surface.
I'm actively working on this in Maine, one of the states where you can get a motorcycle license without a class C license. Obviously a bad idea with a vehicle like the Elio.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm actively working on this in Maine, one of the states where you can get a motorcycle license without a class C license. Obviously a bad idea with a vehicle like the Elio.

Why? I mean, I know it's "car-like", but if it's legally a motorcycle, why not just allow a motorcycle license to operate? Or do you mean get autocycles to count as "either/or" instead of solely motorcycle?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why? I mean, I know it's "car-like", but if it's legally a motorcycle, why not just allow a motorcycle license to operate? Or do you mean get autocycles to count as "either/or" instead of solely motorcycle?
Operating a car is quite different than a motorcycle, and for all intents and purposes the Elio will operate exactly like a car. It would be very problematic to teach someone to operate a motorcycle using an Elio, By the same token someone who has only held a motorcycle isn't prepared to safely operate a car or Elio.

Top Bottom