• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

It's Official . Paul Has Let Me Down

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where I was going with it was that it seemed that they switched to parts for the chassis and body that required stamping, which they didn't have the equipment do do.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's news to me. It would be a great benefit that McLaren is their engineering partner for the chassis. They do excellent work.
This was long ago before Rouch, not sure what happened with them. Looked it up Mclaren was doing engine work for Elio, not sure about chassis. Partnership ended in 2015.

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was long ago before Rouch, not sure what happened with them. Looked it up Mclaren was doing engine work for Elio, not sure about chassis. Partnership ended in 2015.
Got a link for this? I can't find anything. IAV designed the engine. And Linamar was going to build it. Linamar owns McLaren Engineering, but that doesn't mean Elio and McLaren are doing any kind of business.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got a link for this? I can't find anything. IAV designed the engine. And Linamar was going to build it. Linamar owns McLaren Engineering, but that doesn't mean Elio and McLaren are doing any kind of business.
Type in Mclaren and look at the postings for 2015. Elio was using Mclaren then switched to IAV

Top Bottom