• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I've Been Talking To Elio And

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
In short, here's what they had to say:

Elio Motors sent you a Direct Message.

Hi Coss. First, please know that we truly appreciate you and all of the other longtime supporters. As you know, we're a publicly traded company so it would be extremely improper for us to share news with you in this forum that we have not yet publicly. All we can tell you right now is to keep the faith, the project is moving forward, and we are doing absolutely everything we can to make this happen. As soon as we have something to report we will absolutely let you know. Thanks again for the support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had asked them to have something live, or to say something live, and this was the reply that I got from them, so they've been working in the background, but they can't say anything, and trust me, I have been pounding on them to have some kind of word to all the supporters.
But no luck; this is the best I can get out of them.
I tell you, when they were told to lock up and don't say a word, they have stuck to it.
So they are still open, and working on something, but no telling what or how much.

I know it sucks, but it's the best I could get out of them.
I tried, and I will keep trying, and will let everyone know when I have more.

TAH!!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What did you expect them to say? It's obvious that they will be the ones to announce anything publicly and not through an email or message to an individual. They are not going to say, "We got these three VC's who are really interested in funding Elio and we will know next week, stay tuned." What they can say is, "We just did our latest round of engine testing and it's performing up to our specifications." or "We just finished construction on a 4th E-Series and will be doing NVH testing on it."

Even at that, Elio would have cranked out a momentum and let us know if there was any progress just like they did from March 2016 onward while under the SEC muzzle. For example:
https://www.eliomotors.com/an-elio-motors-progress-update/

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To borrow from Kennedy's speech, perhaps we should not ask Elio what they are doing, but instead what we can do to help. Like maybe stand outside the courthouse with signs when the judge holds court next month.
But thanks for trying. Doesn't hurt.
That's actually a good idea. For example, find out where and when the trial is to be in LA. Then put out a notice here to everyone that there needs to be a grassroots level effort in that location. There are over 4K people here and the number in LA has to be pretty big. Then get them to be there that day for support of Elio because they will bring 1500 badly needed jobs for the state of LA. Since this a state issue, you have to concentrate on the jobs for the state. With supporters showing up, the press will give you a 15 sec soundbyte and that's they you just bring up jobs and supporters coming from around the state to make sure those jobs are created.

It doesn't have to be about the judgment, but jobs. With this being a mid term election, when people see Elio = Jobs, they will be ready to let the judge know to just make it go away and the state needs to put up some money to get Elio back on track. It takes money to make money and this is the ticket.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I second the "Thank You Coss" sentiment.

Even though it is tiring to always hear there are things in the works, but we never seem to see any credible evidence of such. Plenty of people say just wait until February, just wait till the lawyers have their day in another month or two. Seems to always almost be in reach, but we can't ever touch it!

I want my green Elio. A LOT!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's actually a good idea. For example, find out where and when the trial is to be in LA. Then put out a notice here to everyone that there needs to be a grassroots level effort in that location. There are over 4K people here and the number in LA has to be pretty big. Then get them to be there that day for support of Elio because they will bring 1500 badly needed jobs for the state of LA. Since this a state issue, you have to concentrate on the jobs for the state. With supporters showing up, the press will give you a 15 sec soundbyte and that's they you just bring up jobs and supporters coming from around the state to make sure those jobs are created.

It doesn't have to be about the judgment, but jobs. With this being a mid term election, when people see Elio = Jobs, they will be ready to let the judge know to just make it go away and the state needs to put up some money to get Elio back on track. It takes money to make money and this is the ticket.
I'd say there's a glaring problem with that plan.

Decisions in court cases are only permitted to be determined by interpretation of the law and not by popular opinion.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd say there's a glaring problem with that plan.

Decisions in court cases are only permitted to be determined by interpretation of the law and not by popular opinion.

Maybe you forgot this is Louisiana, there the decision is all about political posturing and graft.

Top Bottom