• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

J5 Prototype, $4,500.00 On 02/10/10

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I beleive if they would have got the loan, we all would be driving in one today.

Seeing as 250mil apears to be the magic # needed to bring the Elio to full production
It would be nice to know where they are in the financing process 6years in.........??

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, Craig. I laughed when I read paragraph 6 on page 9 and I quote

"Mayor Jukowski. . . . . . There would be limited appeal in the fifty plus market."

I don't know the demographics of all the reservationists but I understand that on this website more than 50% of the group is over 50. I'm glad Elio didn't go into production back then because I think the economy would have hurt the chances of success. I also like that they have been making improvements as they searched for a location and funding. This means we have a better chance of getting a much better vehicle. Go Elio! :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, Craig. I laughed when I read paragraph 6 on page 9 and I quote

"Mayor Jukowski. . . . . . There would be limited appeal in the fifty plus market."

I don't know the demographics of all the reservationists but I understand that on this website more than 50% of the group is over 50. I'm glad Elio didn't go into production back then because I think the economy would have hurt the chances of success. I also like that they have been making improvements as they searched for a location and funding. This means we have a better chance of getting a much better vehicle. Go Elio! :) Z

Yes, me to. I think at least 80% my self.
As for the economy, IMO the worst, the better.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, me to. I think at least 80% my self.
As for the economy, IMO the worst, the better.
Have you seen a picture of the J5 prototype? I'm curious how different it is from the P1. I realize these people were all from "automobile" country but I find it hard to believe they didn't find this vehicle exciting. I guess it is possible they are very heavily influenced by the status quo of the auto industry as it has been in this country. In fact when you think about it, the new auto plants in the country were mainly built in the South. I'm sure economics had a lot to do with it but also maybe because the communities in the South were more open to new ideas. Frankly I never got that idea about the south but maybe . . . . . . ? :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you seen a picture of the J5 prototype? I'm curious how different it is from the P1. I realize these people were all from "automobile" country but I find it hard to believe they didn't find this vehicle exciting. I guess it is possible they are very heavily influenced by the status quo of the auto industry as it has been in this country. In fact when you think about it, the new auto plants in the country were mainly built in the South. I'm sure economics had a lot to do with it but also maybe because the communities in the South were more open to new ideas. Frankly I never got that idea about the south but maybe . . . . . . ? :) Z

Sorry, misunderstood the part about the economy, though you were talking about being able to sell the car. From what I got out of it, these people were responsible for a retirement fund. They just didn’t want to take a chance at the time.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, misunderstood the part about the economy, though you were talking about being able to sell the car. From what I got out of it, these people were responsible for a retirement fund. They just didn’t want to take a chance at the time.
I realize they were all from a retirement fund but they are also located in the heart of Big 3 country. I'm sure that has something to do with their trepidation. I was intrigued by the fact that most or all of them said they wouldn't feel safe in the J5 Trikke. I also liked the fact that they asked the board members to say right up front if they would be interested in riding or owning one. For whatever reason they did not have the sense of adventure I sense from people on this website. Hmmmm Maybe we should send a thank you note to the Parish where Shreveport is located. They've got the faith and the foresight. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
This was a great read and gave us a good snapshot into Elio Motors. It states that as of February 2010 they had used $5 million of Paul Elio's money and were looking for $15 million more to continue development while waiting to secure the government loan which we now know never materialized. Fast forward to January of this year and we have Paul Elio on video saying that they have raised $47 million. What we need now is someone to ask Paul Elio directly how much money Elio Motors has on hand today and how much money they have firm commitments for. We would also like to know how they plan on raising any necessary additional funding. Until we know this information we really don't know how close they are to production or not.
The good news it that the P5 should be the first prototype they have ever shown that is truly ready for production as it should have a production level interior and drivetrain.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The good news it that the P5 should be the first prototype they have ever shown that is truly ready for production as it should have a production level interior and drivetrain.[/quote]

Also I believe that (15-20) P5's will get the IAV Motor & will be crash tested to secure the 5 Star Rating?? :)

Top Bottom