• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jacksonville Anyone??

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Made the trip to Jacksonville, yesterday, to finally view an Elio in person. Came away with a bit more info that may be of benefit. First, I asked about the ground clearance on the front end. I was told by 3 of the Elio personnel onsite, that it would be raised on the production model to something over 5", or the same as a Ford Mustang. Good for me, since I live down a mile of privately maintained dirt road. The other thing is the rear seat head clearance was an issue for me. I'm only 6', and my head hit the roof. I was told the production vehicle was going to have 2-21/2" more head room than the P4. That makes me curious about what the final exterior will look like, after raising it a minimum of 2". Also, with my wife in the drivers seat, my legs were against the front seat. Didn't get to try her in the back seat, so not sure if there was any leg room at all back there, with me in the drivers seat. Not really a problem, since I'm looking at this as basically a 1 person vehicle 90% of the time. Overall, the body panels were plenty heavy duty, with the exception of the rear hatch, which is really flimsy when it's up. Latched down, no problem. Wheel pants are a cinch to pull off. The black panel, like over the rear tire, is a rather thin plastic of some sort.. There were a lot of folks waiting in line to try the Elio on for size, so inspections were somewhat brief.

Also met folks with Elio's on order from Maine, Panama City, Fl, Jacksonville, and Oviedo, Fl. The latter was across the road in the Olive Garden, before heading back to Tallahassee. All in all, well worth the trip.

To be noted- I asked about the 2 " additional headroom, it will be accomplished by lowering the rear seat!!=-got that too from Jerome i.e. the exterior shape of the care remains unchanged!!
minim car clearance -5 3/4" same source

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
did you see or hear of any folks putting money down on reservations ?

Jim
not while I was there, 10-12 fri- to me, mostly older (former bikers male) who had money in at varying levels with lots of $1k tee shirts!, and the rest of the line- mall gawkers ( who seemed to spend more time in the car)
They didn't seem set-up to take deposits/upgrades, although a few folks who had gone in for less than the 1k, were going home to get in line to get a number i.e 1k all in. I was wearing my elio shirt, same color as the car w/7013 on the back, but no one approached me from this site, although I was gonna buy coffee! (as it turns out they were right behind a Starbucks.)
I took some great pictures, most of them the usual, but got a great (i think) overhead shot from the 2nd level, will try to figure out how to upload.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
that handsome devil be me- gonna try the overhead shot

Attachments

• hugging.jpg
    hugging.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 297
Top Bottom