• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jacksonville Anyone??

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Linda, I guess you realize that CompTrex has just removed you from his Christmas card list!
jawdrop.gif
===> http://www.elioowners.com/threads/i-hate-you-all.5124/ <=== please, don't let that worry you because a bunch of us can't wait to join you in exile ...
cool14.gif

Jim
Yep! No card for you!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do need to point something out here. The road crew does actually have a pair of tablets they can use to take reservations however they will only offer this if you ask.

I mentioned this in another post however while speaking with Jerome in Birmingham he told us about his concept for hiring and training the road crew. He did not want sales people, as in his words 'the price and fuel economy numbers do all the selling', so what he has done is chosen friendly people and have them learn as much as possible about the vehicle so they can answer most of the questions people have. The road crew does not pressure anyone into making a reservation and will pretty much only say that pre-order reservations are available and mention how many total reservations EM has for the vehicle then only discuss things further if initiated by the visitor.

Something I didn't mention,- that others have-the staff was extremely friendly and knowledgable, and the time on line went faster engaging in some small Elio talk. They have a very difficult schedule, and to be as perky as they are is a credit to the Elio Team. I could hear questions being asked that they must answer thousands of times, but with the sincerity as if it was their first.
The young guy who has to go down on a knee, even with his pad, his right leg has to be hurting.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, not to rain on this, I was there it was great, but while standing behind the car, someone inside hit the brake.
The brake light bulbs, showed up like two eyes from the 1950's. Will the production lenses be more opaque? Will the lights be LED's?
I didn't research this from previous threads maybe it is old news, if so sorry.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, not to rain on this, I was there it was great, but while standing behind the car, someone inside hit the brake.
The brake light bulbs, showed up like two eyes from the 1950's. Will the production lenses be more opaque? Will the lights be LED's?
You know, guys, it is a Prototype! I trust Elio to make sure the production vehicle will be up to snuff when it comes off the line. Relax. EM may be a startup, but it is being run and supported by old hand pros. Give them a little trust and credit instead of worrying about them not knowing what they are doing. Reminder - one of the goals is the equivalent of a 5 star safety rating. Surely brake lights will fall into that category. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

As Z said the P4 is merely a prototype and as such many details, such as the lights, are only meant to give the general idea of how they will look even if the functionality may not be the same in the production model. So going along with that statement what we have been told is that both the front headlight and rear taillight assemblies in the P4 are one-off hand-made pieces so the actual functionality could be quite different in final form.

We have discussed the possibility of EM using LED taillights in a few threads however I am sure that the final decision will simply come down to one of cost. EM will use whatever assemblies meet all their requirements at the lowest total cost. Total cost includes not only the price of the part but also delivery, preparation and installation costs so it is very hard for those of us sitting on the outside to predict what will ultimately be used.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do need to point something out here. The road crew does actually have a pair of tablets they can use to take reservations however they will only offer this if you ask.

I mentioned this in another post however while speaking with Jerome in Birmingham he told us about his concept for hiring and training the road crew. He did not want sales people, as in his words 'the price and fuel economy numbers do all the selling', so what he has done is chosen friendly people and have them learn as much as possible about the vehicle so they can answer most of the questions people have. The road crew does not pressure anyone into making a reservation and will pretty much only say that pre-order reservations are available and mention how many total reservations EM has for the vehicle then only discuss things further if initiated by the visitor.
The road crew got on their tablet in Denver and we set down and they put in my order 1000 all in right there next to the display..... that way I got the order in before the 5 hour drive home and the wife having time to change her mind......

Top Bottom