• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jacksonville Anyone??

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, just a week to go and we are still at an unannounced Jacksonville mall location. OR did I miss something?
Jerome told me they wait until 3 days before the event to know what the weather will be and choose an indoor or outdoor location based on that. Indoor events are expensive and so they try to avoid them.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jerome told me they wait until 3 days before the event to know what the weather will be and choose an indoor or outdoor location based on that. Indoor events are expensive and so they try to avoid them.

Thank you I will sleep better tonight. Had to add a blanket going down into the looooow 40's tonight.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I last plane I was on had an emergency exit over each wing. I had no desire to use it. The Elio is so light in the rear end the almost any extra g-force in a turn will break that rear wheel free. If that doesn't get you the rotary torque if the trailer hits a pot hole and tries to roll over even with a two wheel trailer, the whole car could get rolled.

'The Elio is so light in the rear end'
If you were to have your foot run over by an Elio rear tire, at 435#s, you wouldn't think it SO light.
That's 1250# of Elio plus a 200# driver =s 1450# times 30 percent =s 435#s. It's gonna hurt.
As we know the rear tire will be 5/6" wide, with a flat tread, not rounded like a bike tire, that's a Lot of tire surface(patch) on the road.
As to the Rotational forces of a 2/3 hundred pound trailer over turning, most experianced trailer draggers, with motorcycles, install a swivial hitch, witch prevents this very thing. I find it Very hard to believe a 2/3 hundred pound trailer could flip a 1450 pound Elio with 75" width between the front tires.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Face it, if they publicized an outside location and it rained you would gripe, if they said inside and it was nice outside you would gripe.

and with those contingencies don't you think they have two locations locked? It's true anxiety rises, the longer the announcement is delayed. And with the assurance of a definitive date announcement this should put this to rest.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'The Elio is so light in the rear end'
If you were to have your foot run over by an Elio rear tire, at 435#s, you wouldn't think it SO light.
That's 1250# of Elio plus a 200# driver =s 1450# times 30 percent =s 435#s. It's gonna hurt.
As we know the rear tire will be 5/6" wide, with a flat tread, not rounded like a bike tire, that's a Lot of tire surface(patch) on the road.
As to the Rotational forces of a 2/3 hundred pound trailer over turning, most experianced trailer draggers, with motorcycles, install a swivial hitch, witch prevents this very thing. I find it Very hard to believe a 2/3 hundred pound trailer could flip a 1450 pound Elio with 75" width between the front tires.

I don't think I want to find out.. You have fun though and play safe.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jacksonville Event information 11/14/14

The EM calendar still lists 11/21 - 11/23

The EM Blog today only lists 11/22 - 11/23.

I will keep an eye on this and post any changes as I get them.

Thanks for your patience. :) Z

Perhaps start a new thread when u do find out, there are some new folks on the "florida site that might not see your post there
thanks

Top Bottom