• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

January 15, 2015 Delay And Delay Repercussions Discussion - All Others Will Be Combined!

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mr Elio has been in business since 2008...he's been given a chance...and he's never demonstrated the leadership to bring the Elio concept to production...

250,000 annual units...$6,800 base price...49/84 MPG...and a 5 Star saftey rating...all just unrealized marketing promises...
Seems to me he produced 3 vehicles so far, how about you?

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He's constructed 3 crude styling mockups...non have been specification ready prototypes...the good news...it only took 7 years to built 3 crude styling mules...

And yes...the P4 has nice salvage sourced GEO engine...
That's more then I've done, I can only rebuild cars and bikes, couldn't fathom designing and actually making one.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Am I disapointed? :(You bet! :confused: Am I backing out? :eek: Absolutely NOT! :) I Came into to this with my eyes wide open, $1000 NON REFUNDABLE, plain and simple English! I bought into a dream and have not yet awakened to a nightmare of a Bankrupt company! EM is still here, they are still trying, that's all I or anyone can ask of them. Not until they file the paper work in court to dissolve the company will I believe it's done! Until it becomes a reality (either way), I will continue to support Paul, EM and this forum!:)

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting that some go extremely one way and others to the other extreme. I am not Chicken Little and if you research my posts since Nov, really excited about this company. Yes, I KNOW $1k nonrefundable & not asking for it back. Yes, I KNOW I am not a stock holder nor do I think that 13,000 all in (13000 x 5300 = $68.9 million) even if they could afford it and I imagine less than 10% could IF they would (I can but would not): $70 m + what they supposedly have would not move the production date 1 day closer. What I feel I was presented was a new concept that for a very good price would put a vehicle in my hands in 4th quarter 2015. Nowhere do I recall seeing a warning "the alleged target date is floating and if we do not get a huge cash influx will continue to be moved into the future." PE said months ago, he could hit target of 2015 even if the Gov't loan did not happen. Well it must not have at least in time frame he needed or he was spinning. I'm not yet ready to say he lied but my radar is not beeping.
Keep in mind that those of us on this MB and many of you have been here a very long time have access to more info than the usual purchaser has. I researched intensively but not every thread here. There was not much actual info out there IMO. The search function on this board was very difficult to use. I am not crying but ain't happy with how this is going down. Those that are saying "well it was just pushed back again, we still get car.." have NOTHING to support that other than guessing. That's okay but allow other to have their opinion. I will continue to see this glass half full but not as tasty as I had thought.

Top Bottom