• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

January 15, 2015 Delay And Delay Repercussions Discussion - All Others Will Be Combined!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It Ain't over till this happens.

FalLadySinging_zpsac84a4a9.jpg

...Until Madonna gains 300 lbs? o_O:D

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems to me this is the difference between a marketing person and a true manager running the show. A Marketing type leader tells people what they want to hear. They seldom deliver on time or budget. A real manager lives in the real world they set goals and meet them. ELIO is all about marketing no substance behind it.The surplus equipment is left behind stuff no one had use for. If there were buyers lined up at the door it would have been sold long ago.

Well written!!

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The equipment has been there for years. Don't you think any company needing (WORN OUT EQUIPMENT) would have already contacted them by now. Face it, no one wants it. Paul paid to much , he purchased something that no one wants. Ebay is the last straw.
I really think the big motor companies are a little behind Paul not getting the funding.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BLACK FRIDAY THE BEGINNING OF THE END
First a quick background- I had followed the project, then when i saw the window of the $500 incentive was closing 9/1/14, I like many went all in. No question of the "contract" or concern, I have the money to lose, and the next time I'd see it was at time of purchase, when if I wanted to drove away with writing a $5300 check I could. With production starting about a year away, was thinking I'd be picking up my little honey- like today.

My thoughts at the time, closing the door to incentives sent a message that there was no longer a need to offer incentives.

We all went to bed Christmas night, with sugar plums and the EM announcement for Black Friday dancing in our heads.

To awake from the dream to see that in fact the incentives were back, and to the credit of those braver than I (Sept 1-Dec 25 with no incentive) the door was re-opened. I thought he wanted to reach a number for PR before the end of the year to meet a goal.

Whatever we each call the very recent events the money and production date remain open ended. I as many thought the loan was a backup in their hopes of securing a lower interest rate. I (we) were wrong.

He now finds himself in a very poor bargaining position. With hat in hand he's reaching for money.
So, where are we today-
He has equipment that's worth millions ( worth means nothing, it's what ya get when you sell it.) They have "THE" best re-sale company on the planet, who sent in 25 employees (one was a political favor) to sell off stuff EM doesn't need.
So where does this international co put it up for sale- EBAy (lol) by a seller with less than 100 transactions most of sales thus far for under $500. Hummmm
For the premier company with international contacts I thought they had the big stuff all lined up with buyers.
Maybe it's me, which it usually is, but if I were the procurement officer of a large company that uses this stuff, why would i purchase a "used" whatever it is.
And finally, why is it important whose name is on the purchase agreement? Why does EM care who shows up to buy the unit?? They will sell the product at a price they established, and see their profit. If someone or a company wanted to put down deposits for 1000 units, what's the downside for EM-?? Up until 3 days ago there might have been investors who saw an opportunity to re-sell them as new, untitled units.
We are a drop in the ocean of car buyers, and a very small minority of reservationists in our little world here
Sharing the love and pain of this project is healthy, and I continue to hope. But as someone else posted I ain't wearing my "T" anymore.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BLACK FRIDAY THE BEGINNING OF THE END
First a quick background- I had followed the project, then when i saw the window of the $500 incentive was closing 9/1/14, I like many went all in. No question of the "contract" or concern, I have the money to lose, and the next time I'd see it was at time of purchase, when if I wanted to drove away with writing a $5300 check I could. With production starting about a year away, was thinking I'd be picking up my little honey- like today.

My thoughts at the time, closing the door to incentives sent a message that there was no longer a need to offer incentives.

We all went to bed Christmas night, with sugar plums and the EM announcement for Black Friday dancing in our heads.

To awake from the dream to see that in fact the incentives were back, and to the credit of those braver than I (Sept 1-Dec 25 with no incentive) the door was re-opened. I thought he wanted to reach a number for PR before the end of the year to meet a goal.

Whatever we each call the very recent events the money and production date remain open ended. I as many thought the loan was a backup in their hopes of securing a lower interest rate. I (we) were wrong.

He now finds himself in a very poor bargaining position. With hat in hand he's reaching for money.
So, where are we today-
He has equipment that's worth millions ( worth means nothing, it's what ya get when you sell it.) They have "THE" best re-sale company on the planet, who sent in 25 employees (one was a political favor) to sell off stuff EM doesn't need.
So where does this international co put it up for sale- EBAy (lol) by a seller with less than 100 transactions most of sales thus far for under $500. Hummmm
For the premier company with international contacts I thought they had the big stuff all lined up with buyers.
Maybe it's me, which it usually is, but if I were the procurement officer of a large company that uses this stuff, why would i purchase a "used" whatever it is.
And finally, why is it important whose name is on the purchase agreement? Why does EM care who shows up to buy the unit?? They will sell the product at a price they established, and see their profit. If someone or a company wanted to put down deposits for 1000 units, what's the downside for EM-?? Up until 3 days ago there might have been investors who saw an opportunity to re-sell them as new, untitled units.
We are a drop in the ocean of car buyers, and a very small minority of reservationists in our little world here
Sharing the love and pain of this project is healthy, and I continue to hope. But as someone else posted I ain't wearing my "T" anymore.
The choice of e-bay seems odd to me as well. But Comau, not Elio, has the job of selling off the equipment ... and they have been at it a while. Have you?

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WHAT DID THE BUSINESS PLAN SAY ABOUT RAISING THE $240 Million 8 years ago ?

where IS / WAS the money suppose to come from ?

why wait till Jan 2015 to contact

" We have retained Corporate Fuel Securities, a New York-based FINRA registered broker dealer to act as financial advisor and placement agent in our fundraising efforts. "

I am just curious, what WAS the plan ?

CERTAINLY starting a major automobile manufacturing company requires a BUSINESS PLAN ?

Top Bottom