• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just in from Nascar app. Busch suspension upheld.

no real shock there .... I still can't figure what he figured to gain by requesting an emergency appeal :

"The National Motorsports Appeals Panel today heard and considered the appeal of driver Kurt Busch. The penalty concerns Section 12.1.a: Actions detrimental to stock car racing; 12.8: Behavioral penalty. The penalty stems from activities last year involving Kurt Busch that resulted in a decision by the Family Court of the State of Delaware to issue an Order of Protection of Abuse against him. The penalty is an indefinite suspension. The Appellant appealed both penalties. Upon hearing the testimony, the National Motorsports Appeals Panel decided that the Appellant violated the rules set forth in the penalty notice. The Panel therefore decided to uphold the original penalty assessed by NASCAR. The panel consisted of the following three individuals: Mr. Paul Brooks, Ms. Lyn St. James, Mr. Kevin Whitaker. Kurt Busch presented his position to the panel. Representing NASCAR was Jim Cassidy, Senior Vice President of Racing Operations. The Appellate Administrator is NASCAR Vice President George Silbermann. Kurt Busch has the right to appeal the decision to the Final Appeals Officer, Mr. Bryan Moss. Kurt Busch must inform NASCAR of his intent to do so within the guidelines provided to him. The Final Appeals Officer has indicated that he would hear the final appeal, if requested, this evening at the International Motorsports Center in Daytona Beach, Florida.(NASCAR)(2-21-2015)"

taken from this link

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
37 of the 120 laps for the Xfinity cars in the book at Dayton .... typical 2 lines, side by side racking ...
sleeping2.gif
. nobody can pass, just waiting on the "big one" ....

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
link to diagram showing the Pit Selection for tomorrow's race .... the number of the pit stall is across the bottom .... the number of the car is inside rectangle .... example pit stall #1 is the 24 car while pit #43 was chosen by the 48 .... from what I've heard, considerable thought goes into the pit selection

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
another first for Danica :

"Danica Patrick will be an analyst on the FOX Sports 1 telecast of the NASCAR XFINITY Series race at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday, June 13.

According to FOX, Patrick is believed to be the first woman to announce a NASCAR race from the broadcast booth.

Patrick joins fellow Stewart-Haas Racing teammate and defending Sprint Cup Series champion, Kevin Harvick, as well as NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champions Jeff Gordon and Brad Keselowski as analysts on XFINITY races this season alongside play-by-play announcer Adam Alexander and analyst Michael Waltrip."

taken from this link where more info is available

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NASCAR has granted and expedited review for Kurt, it is reported to be in progress as this is being typed .... regardless if his appeal is granted or not, I don't see him being in the car tomorrow .... the pit crew has already pulled the seat and refitted it, the pedals and such for Smith .... couple all that with the fact Chevy pulled their support, I really don't understand what he feels can be gained by demanding an immediate review
_________

If i was innocent the charges and was in his situation I would want the same.

KB is an asshole for sure but it doesn't mean I would throw him under the bus for a crap charge of DA.. Society has a gender preference and it always aligns to women.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Big one #2 takes Kyle Busch to the hospital. Who knows if he will be able to race tomorrow. Could be the first time in years without a Busch in the race.

Top Bottom