• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
per NASCAR.com ... Kyle will not be in the 500 tomorrow .... no details (yet) as to the scope of his injury.... wonder who they will put in his car .... how much can a crew work on a car after qualifying and before the race

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
it appears Kyle will be out for a good while :

"According to NASCAR, Busch was being treated for a right lower-leg compound fracture and a left mid-foot fracture, and would not compete in the season's biggest event.

Joe Gibbs Racing reported that Busch underwent surgery on his right leg on Saturday night.

JGR also announced in a release that veteran Matt Crafton will serve as the interim driver for Busch's No. 18 Toyota during for the Daytona 500. An interim driver has not been released for the following March 1 race at Atlanta Motor Speedway or any future races.

taken from this link where more info is available

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it appears Kyle will be out for a good while :

"According to NASCAR, Busch was being treated for a right lower-leg compound fracture and a left mid-foot fracture, and would not compete in the season's biggest event.

Joe Gibbs Racing reported that Busch underwent surgery on his right leg on Saturday night.

JGR also announced in a release that veteran Matt Crafton will serve as the interim driver for Busch's No. 18 Toyota during for the Daytona 500. An interim driver has not been released for the following March 1 race at Atlanta Motor Speedway or any future races.

taken from this link where more info is available

Pursuant to my rant earlier today; Regardless of the amount of disdain and
total lack of respect I have for Kyle Busch, to see any driver injured like this
would never be my wish. Thankfully, it looks as though he will race again and
I may yet get to see him get an attitude adjustment from another driver who
decides enough is enough. Kurt on the other hand looks more and more to
be the total scumbag who will deserve what he gets. For the Nascar Review Board to be totally unbending in considering his appeals speaks volumes for the preponderance of evidence that must exist. Hopefully he will just disappear without any fanfare.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now that I think of it and you reminded me Earl, Bubba is quite a
talented and likeable kid with a great deal of promise. I'd just love
to see him make it to Cup. :D I've been disappointed of late with
Nascar, I think that my friend Reuiti got a raw deal with MWR and
it cost him a career. As long as Darryl was calling the shots, David
was given a real chance to succeed, but when he left it was all about
Michael from there on. Hate to see that when it happens, but Nascar
suffers from the have's and have not's syndrome and I don't see that
changing anytime soon.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Curt's final appeal within NASCAR denied .... no surprise there .... taken from this link :

"This evening, the National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer, Mr. Bryan Moss, heard and considered the appeal of driver Kurt Busch. The penalty concerns Section 12.1.a: Actions detrimental to stock car racing; 12.8: Behavioral penalty.
The penalty stems from activities last year involving Kurt Busch that resulted in a decision by the Family Court of the State of Delaware to issue an Order of Protection of Abuse against him. The penalty is an indefinite suspension. Earlier today, a three-person National Motorsports Appeals Panel upheld the original penalty assessed by NASCAR.
Tonight [Saturday, February 21, 2015], Kurt Busch presented his position to the Final Appeals Officer. Representing NASCAR was Jim Cassidy, Senior Vice President of Racing Operations. The Appellate Administrator is NASCAR Vice President George Silbermann.
Upon hearing tonight's testimony, Bryan Moss, the National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer, made the following decisions:
· The appellant violated the Rules set forth in the penalty notice and the decision of the National Motorsports Appeals Panel was correct;
· The penalty was within the scope of the guidelines;
· The National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer upholds the original penalty levied by NASCAR
The decision of the National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer is final and binding on all parties. Kurt Busch now has exhausted his appeal options under the NASCAR Rulebook, and the indefinite suspension remains in effect. He will not be allowed to race nor participate in any NASCAR activities until further notice.(NASCAR)(2-21-2015)"

Top Bottom