• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
as I recall Tony Stewart wasn't thrilled when his partner, Gene Haas, created a 4th team and hired Kurt .... Gene was reported to believe that Kurt could bring Stewart-Haas a championship ....the team is sponsored by Haas Automation .... if it is determined that it will be a good while (if ever) that Kurt can come back, I can't help but wonder if he will continue to fund the team without a top tier driver ??

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
today my wife and I made our monthly 10+ hr round trip drive to Asheville and back to visit my Mom .... it would have been much cheaper to have driven it in an Elio ..:).. the race ended as we were within sight of the driveway .... we were able to listen to MRN on the radio all across the state and I've come to the conclusion that their programming is designed to mix a little race coverage in with a steady stream of commercials

Same for me! Was driving home from Denver during the race, a little bit of race coverage and a LOT of commercials. Paid more attention to the ESPN app showing the driver order and lap number, that was (almost) more info than MRN was giving. :-)

Congrats to Logano!

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Same for me! Was driving home from Denver during the race, a little bit of race coverage and a LOT of commercials. Paid more attention to the ESPN app showing the driver order and lap number, that was (almost) more info than MRN was giving. :)

Congrats to Logano!
Driving home to Northern Virginia from Cedarville, Ohio. Couldn't get a thing on the radio.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
another door may be closed to Kurt :

"IndyCar is monitoring Kurt Busch case

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- IndyCar says it is closely monitoring the Kurt Busch situation and ''will act firmly and strongly in responding to all matters of domestic violence."

Busch attempted the double last May, running in the Indianapolis 500 and Coca-Cola 600 on Memorial Day weekend. He finished sixth in a Chevrolet for Andretti Autosport, but has not applied yet for this year's race.

Andretti Autosport had said he was welcomed back after last year's run."

above taken from this link where more info is available

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Driving home to Northern Virginia from Cedarville, Ohio. Couldn't get a thing on the radio.

That's why I pay for Sirius. I get NASCAR and Packers football no matter where I am.

I wonder if we notice radio ads more than we do on tv, as we're more of a captive audience when driving, working, or whatever while listening to radio. TV had lots of ads yesterday as well, but like the Subpar Bowl, most were new so I found myself not so annoyed by them.

Gonna figure out the pics standings here shortly.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
another door may be closed to Kurt :

"IndyCar is monitoring Kurt Busch case

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- IndyCar says it is closely monitoring the Kurt Busch situation and ''will act firmly and strongly in responding to all matters of domestic violence."

Busch attempted the double last May, running in the Indianapolis 500 and Coca-Cola 600 on Memorial Day weekend. He finished sixth in a Chevrolet for Andretti Autosport, but has not applied yet for this year's race.

Andretti Autosport had said he was welcomed back after last year's run."

above taken from this link where more info is available

Talent aside, the verbage "likely as not" tells me there may be a smoking gun in Kent County.

Top Bottom