• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Talent aside, the verbage "likely as not" tells me there may be a smoking gun in Kent County.

last reports say the decision as to if to press criminal charges is in the hands of the DA .... if charges are filled, who knows how long the case can stretch out .... the interesting question to me is, if the DA doesn't press charges, what happens ....

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
last reports say the decision as to if to press criminal charges is in the hands of the DA .... if charges are filled, who knows how long the case can stretch out .... the interesting question to me is, if the DA doesn't press charges, what happens ....

DA's office has had the results of the investigation for a couple weeks now, they have said it could be a month or more before they make a decision. They could also give the case to a grand jury, as happened with Stewart last year.

I think a decision to not file charges would result in lifting the suspension, but who knows?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think a decision to not file charges would result in lifting the suspension, but who knows?

to me that would be the legal course to take but legal and public image are two different things ... I believe the only way he comes back is if something allows Chevy to say they are willing to sponsor him .... I have no clue how that will go

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Erik Jones probably to drive the 18 ....

"Erik Jones meets with Joe Gibbs about subbing for injured Busch in #18 ride: Erik Jones has emerged as the leading candidate to replace injured Kyle Busch in the #18 Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing. Jones, who drives for Kyle Busch Motorsports in the Camping World Truck Series and is under contract with JGR, met Monday morning with team owner Joe Gibbs to discuss taking over the ride. Busch is out indefinitely after suffering a compound fracture in his right leg in an Xfinity Series crash Saturday at Daytona. JGR could make an announcement on an interim driver as early as Monday afternoon. Jones, 18, is scheduled to run a full truck season for KBM and a 10-race Xfinity schedule for JGR. There are no major scheduling conflicts that would preclude him from driving in NASCAR's premier series until the Martinsville Speedway weekend in late March. The team is expected to receive approval from NASCAR to put Jones in a Sprint Cup car. He wasn't approved for the Daytona 500 as NASCAR typically doesn't allow drivers to make their Cup debut in a restrictor-plate race at Daytona or Talladega without having raced at a lower-tier event at those tracks.(NBC Sports)(2-23-2015)"

taken from this link

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hearing that David Ragan may be being considered for the 18 car as well, via Twitter and Jayski. Not sure what this says for his current ride in the 34 car.

Also, Talladega, Atlanta, and Kentucky all announced improvements to their SAFER barrier systems. Atlanta's includes some tire barriers, probably due to the time constraints. Testing Thursday there for Cup cars, and weekend race activities start Friday. Better late than never, but we've seen many times in the past that race cars have a knack for finding unprotected concrete. Still overdue IMO.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ragan in the 18 till kyle returns. No word on a driver for the 34 Front Row car. Ragan back to them after KB returns. Jones will drive the 54 Xfinity car at Atlanta, plans after that are still up in the air. From Nascar app, sorry can't figure out how to link from there.

Top Bottom