• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
side note .... did you happen to hear the lady airman sing the National Anthem for the 11-9-15 Monday Night Football game .... voice as clear and every bit as professional as the lady above .... no personalization, she stepped up and sang it as written
Sorry, I did not. I work evenings. People serving the country, military/police/fire/EMT/etc are also in my book as OK, and if they miss a note or 5, it's forgiveable as they're generally not professional singers. The Blackhawk's fairly famous now anthem singer fits this - I believe he is/was Chicago FD.

That is the way it should be rendered/sung..............Remember "Rosy" the female comedian when she sang it. I still get sick every time I think about it.

Willie

Yup. Inexcusable and in that case almost criminal in my book. It seemed to me to be deliberately bad.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Ummm why is the singing of the National Anthem for Monday Night Football being discussed in a NASCAR thread, when we have an NFL thread?
:confused2:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the 48's next victory will have special meaning :

"Sunday's win at Texas was the 75th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victory for Jimmie Johnson, a milestone that only eight other drivers have reached in the sport's history. It also put Johnson, eighth on the all-time NASCAR wins list, just one one behind Dale Earnhardt's total of 76.

"It would be huge (to pass Earnhardt on the wins list)," Johnson said after his victory in the AAA Texas 500. "Hard to even put it into words. I came into this sport hoping to win a race. To have 75 of them is mind‑blowing. If I'm able to tie Senior, it's something I would be just extremely proud of." "

taken from this link

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
They just took the covers off the cars and they're starting to dry the track; maybe 30 to 45 minutes still.
Any predictions? I tag Kurt, Harvick and Jimmie to dominate the field today.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
8:12PM Eastern and they are still drying the track .... if they get this race going the checker won't fly until well after midnight

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
9:27PM .... green flag ..
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom