• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeeps

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So recommendations regarding web sites / books for maintenance and parts and diagrams, that sort of thing?
I too have the issue with no mirrors with the doors off, so we need:
  • mirrors that I can use with the doors off, either removable or permanent.
  • A front license plate mount
  • wider fender flares (it's currently illegal)
  • Baja light covers
  • floor drain plugs
  • new door locks (can I set the existing ones to the current ignition key, or will I need to buy new locks and set the tumblers?)
Tell me again why I bought this? Just kidding, I'm having a blast!
Funny how there's NO WAY that this vehicle would pass inspection, yet it passed in March. I figure that I need to go back to the same place that passed it next year, though I doubt that they will be as generous to an individual as they are to their buddies at the dealership...

Bookmark this site! They've got everything you need.:)

http://www.quadratec.com/?sgsc=GPCP4WP01

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well. That's the end of that. My son traded in his Jeep yesterday. :( Sad to see it go as I was living vicariously through him. I always wanted a Jeep and the one we bought fit the bill perfectly. But...was a pain to drive on the roads. So my practical son, (I don't know where he got that trait from), traded it for a 2013 Ford Fiesta with 30K miles. Hard to imagine two more opposite vehicles.
This one ought to last him a while.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
our oldest son has been in training for well over 10 years and on July 1st he will join the second largest Radiology medical practice in our area .... his '99 Silverado has over a quarter million miles on it and he's long said one of his first purchases will be a new Jeep .... he's earned it and we are looking forward to seeing what he ends up with

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
our oldest son has been in training for well over 10 years and on July 1st he will join the second largest Radiology medical practice in our area .... his '99 Silverado has over a quarter million miles on it and he's long said one of his first purchases will be a new Jeep .... he's earned it and we are looking forward to seeing what he ends up with
If he's gonna do it, and wants to be in 'the cool kids' Jeep club, those new fangled four door, all amenities you could imagine souped-up minivans won't cut it!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If he's gonna do it, and wants to be in 'the cool kids' Jeep club, those new fangled four door, all amenities you could imagine souped-up minivans won't cut it!

he will be buying one of the 4-doors .... it will serve his family as a general use vehicle .... he does hope to get back into hunting but most of its life will be for highway use .... he has already had to make a concession, his wife says it must have an automatic transmission ..:D.. he plans to refurbish is Silverado to turn it into an off road vehicle .... his plans have been 10+ years in the making

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
he will be buying one of the 4-doors .... it will serve his family as a general use vehicle .... he does hope to get back into hunting but most of its life will be for highway use .... he has already had to make a concession, his wife says it must have an automatic transmission ..:D.. he plans to refurbish is Silverado to turn it into an off road vehicle .... his plans have been 10+ years in the making
Sound great!
Cool that he had a plan and that it's working out.
Truth be known, I'd really like to get another one and the 4 door ones seem to be the most practical.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Well. That's the end of that. My son traded in his Jeep yesterday. :( Sad to see it go as I was living vicariously through him. I always wanted a Jeep and the one we bought fit the bill perfectly. But...was a pain to drive on the roads. So my practical son, (I don't know where he got that trait from), traded it for a 2013 Ford Fiesta with 30K miles. Hard to imagine two more opposite vehicles.
This one ought to last him a while.
My daughter when through the same transition; she came into some money (I'm not going to discuss how, but it was a tragedy) and she always had her heart set on owning a Jeep. So she bought a loaded Jeep Unlimited 4dr. and had a lift kit put on, along with matching monster wheels and tires (like 36's or 38's) but she made the mistake of getting the big V6 and automatic (she doesn't know how to drive stick) 6-8 months later, I've never seen someone hate a vehicle as much as she hated the Jeep. Driving it on the highway was a nightmare because you have to constantly pay attention to actually driving (gee what a concept) it was terrible on gas, it had crappy acceleration, and no room to carry anything except 4 people.
She sold it after a year and bought a VW Golf. It was the other side of the world by comparison.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
with two preschool daughters, he needs 4 doors .... on of the ladies in our camping club drives one and really likes it .... her's is pretty much stock .... has a 6 cylinder motor, can pull their Bass Boat and gets about 20 mpg

Top Bottom