• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just For The Cat Lovers Here

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
He's got bandanas wrapped around his hands, that's a black ball cap he's wearing (I enlarged the picture) no gloves, so he's leaving fingerprints all over the place. Here's the Darwin theory in action ! He's just looking for a place to happen.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He's got bandanas wrapped around his hands, that's a black ball cap he's wearing (I enlarged the picture) no gloves, so he's leaving fingerprints all over the place. Here's the Darwin theory in action ! He's just looking for a place to happen.
You want to talk Darwin? This has been my happy story since I heard it on the radio this morning. This thief in Washington, DC got interrupted, and took off, with the police chasing on foot. They basically did every cliche from every cop show you can name -- jumping off dumpsters, etc. -- and eventually they thief came to a fence. He lept, caught the fence, hauled himself over, and landed ...

... on the lawn of the White House! The Secret Service locked down the place briefly while they tackled the guy. It was NOT his day!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just read online that Main Coon cats are the biggest breed. Huh? In the US?
Certainly not mine. She has all the making of the image below, and darker colors, but not that size.
Hopefully theirs is as nice as mine is.
MainCoon.png
Giant-Maine-Coon-Cat2.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Main Coons are the largest US breed; they're related to the Norwegian Forest Cat which is related to the Siberian which is actually a Russian cat.
When the Vikings landed in America about 1,000 years ago, the Weegi's (the "friendly" name for the Norwegian Forest cats) traveled with them and kept the rodents out of their supplies; when they got here, they did some <ahem> shore leave breeding with the local cats, and that's how the Main Coons came into being.
The Largest Domestic cat breed is the Savannah F-1; these cats are monsters, but very loving and great for a family. They also love water, and like the Bengal can be trained to walk on a leash. But too, since they're not too far away from their "wild" side, they can turn on you if you abuse them.

savannah-f1-250x181.jpg

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to have a Maine Coon. They are big, but you have to realize how thick and long their hair is. They can be up to 48" long, but only weigh 18-20 lbs. One of our last cats was a Maine Coon mix. A great cat. Very friendly and lovey. He only weighed about 12 lbs, about the same as our tuxedo cat.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd love to have a Maine Coon. They are big, but you have to realize how thick and long their hair is. They can be up to 48" long, but only weigh 18-20 lbs. One of our last cats was a Maine Coon mix. A great cat. Very friendly and lovey. He only weighed about 12 lbs, about the same as our tuxedo cat.
A Main Coon only 12lbs.? I have a 6 yr. old Manx that weighs 16lbs, and Abyssinian that's 14, and a Orange "mutt" that's 15lbs (he's the one in my avatar.
I had a Tuxedo a few years ago that weighed 24lbs, her head was about the size of a softball.

Top Bottom