• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just Letting Everyone Know...

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
....As for parts, closer to production of the Elios, it is standard for auto/motorcycle producers to create reference documents labeling standard part numbers so techs are able to diagnose and replace the parts with the correct part numbers. I use it quite often for my Silverado when looking up hard to replace parts.
Yes.....but nowadays they tend to charge an arm and a leg for them !
Still ....no substitute for a GOOD shop manual :)

skychief

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm about 4 hours from the nearest pep boys too but really don't care.

I'm 6 blocks from a Pep Boys. I can see the top of their sign if climb to the roof of our house. But my Elio will never be serviced there. Not ever. Won't bore y'all with the story, but the mechanics are knuckle-dragging Neanderthals. The Service Manager was a real prick, and the sales staff in the retail store are rude and not very knowledgeable. They were like that 14 years ago, I suspect they are like that today. Not surprisingly, this particular Pep Boys has a one-star Yelp rating.

Fortunately, there's another Pep Boys a few miles from here. They do pretty good work. And the sales staff is polite and reasonably knowledgeable. I will travel that extra three miles for decent service.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm 6 blocks from a Pep Boys. I can see the top of their sign if climb to the roof of our house. But my Elio will never be serviced there. Not ever. Won't bore y'all with the story, but the mechanics are knuckle-dragging Neanderthals. The Service Manager was a real prick, and the sales staff in the retail store are rude and not very knowledgeable. They were like that 14 years ago, I suspect they are like that today. Not surprisingly, this particular Pep Boys has a one-star Yelp rating.

Fortunately, there's another Pep Boys a few miles from here. They do pretty good work. And the sales staff is polite and reasonably knowledgeable. I will travel that extra three miles for decent service.
1st mistake, calling them mechanics
When I lived in Florida they were minimum pay, the exception was the manager ( with certification), who also attempted to scare the customer into services/parts they might not need. They are in a VERY competitive business in which I've seen oil change (5 qts and filter for $10.99)-
Perhaps aside from the necessity to carry more inventory, and equipment to service the E, they will rise above the wipers/tires/oil change/chrome parts/interior deodorizers model

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmmm Independently owned and operated Elio Service Centers.
And build the shop just to specialize Elio Parts and Service.

Now all I need is a place that you could do this in.
I know there are a lot of older Auto Dealers that have closed their doors and either moved to a newer & bigger building; gone bankrupt or just gave up trying. So there are places like that; in smaller markets find an old gas / service station (that hasn't been turned into a mom and pop mini mart).
And just like EM; a box of money.

So I know of a few different places that will work; and I know I can find the right kind of worker; anyone have a box of money I can borrow?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unknown.jpeg

Top Bottom