• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just Talked To Neal At Daytona Beach

Coda1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also hate the Elgin gauges. Give us plain old analog gauges. The Elgin gauges is made to be pretty not functional.

Btownbuddha

Reaction score
Not a fan of the Elgin dash as presented either but like red color numerals and display much like what Pontiac did. Seems to be much easier on my eyes on long trips.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You people! You do realize you can LEARN to read the Elgin gauges just as fast and easy as you do your old-timely gauges?
I remember four years ago how everyone laughed at my HUGE PHONE! Yeah it had a gigantic five inch screen. People laughed when they held it up to their ear to talk on it and said,"no way, it is like holding a book up to your head. I can't see around it."
Yeah, really. The. Elgin dash will be an easy "quick read" as soon as you look at it a dozen times.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went to the Minneapolis Auto Show this weekend and was incredibly surprised at how many cars had paddle shifters on them. I think most new transmissions are electronically shifted instead of hydraulic and that makes it easy for manufacturers to put paddles on the steering column to entice customers.

I haven't driven a paddle myself but I think it would be a natural thing in the elio.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went to the Minneapolis Auto Show this weekend and was incredibly surprised at how many cars had paddle shifters on them. I think most new transmissions are electronically shifted instead of hydraulic and that makes it easy for manufacturers to put paddles on the steering column to entice customers.

I haven't driven a paddle myself but I think it would be a natural thing in the elio.
OK, I have to ask. What on earth is a paddle and why would it be on the steering column. To me a paddle is something used to propel a boat. Obviously that is not what you mean. :-) Z

Top Bottom