• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just Wow!!!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What was the Elios projected HP? Like 70, right? So we should be looking for something in the 130-140 range.
Elio's HP was projected to be 55 with the little engine that couldn't. That's ~ the output of my 650 V-Star @ 500lb.

It would have been so much better PR for EM to admit there was a problem with the engine long ago.
They could have simply been honest and said that they were looking into alternatives.
I would have definitely accepted and respected that in a heartbeat.
This is an excerpt from the above mentioned article...

8-jpg.22862

Best known for its NASCAR racing activities and aftermarket performance upgrades, Roush also has an engineering arm that will be in charge of integrating the new powertrain with Elio prototypes ahead of the start of production. Although buying an existing powertrain is supposed to save time, the development work required to switch powertrains can't be done overnight. But Elio's prospective customers have gotten used to waiting.....My reply... NO WE HAVE NOT!
View attachment 22862
Love those fenders!
Here's how your Elio will perform and the best part, just listen to the 2019 Elio, it's perfect.

There should be 65,000+ likes to this post.

Last edited:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1119027_elio-motors-to-buy-engines-abandons-building-its-own
"Likely candidates to supply the engine include Mitsubishi and possibly Ford or BMW, which have certified 3-cylinder engines for sale in U.S. models, though Ford has abandoned using its 3-cylinder in any models sold here."
Okay I just reread the Blog, It does not mention 3 cylinders. To my eye this means it could also possibly be something else, most likely, if not 3, 4. "Roush will integrate the new powertrain into Elio’s prototype in order to begin preliminary testing procedures. These testing procedures will prepare the Elio for production, which will occur at the Elio Motors manufacturing facility in Shreveport, Louisiana."
If not 3 and not 4, 2. Say what?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1119027_elio-motors-to-buy-engines-abandons-building-its-own
"Likely candidates to supply the engine include Mitsubishi and possibly Ford or BMW, which have certified 3-cylinder engines for sale in U.S. models, though Ford has abandoned using its 3-cylinder in any models sold here."
The Elio is not a car, thus no car emissions are needed. Only motorcycle. So, that can include lots of other 3 cylinder engines already in production. It just needs to be from a Fortune 500 company as per Elio Motors.

Then there's CARB, hopefully Elio makes the car 50 state emissions legal and not get into that predicament that Polaris did when they came out with the Slingshot.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio's HP was projected to be 55 HP with the little engine that couldn't. That's ~ the output of my 650 V-Star @ 500lb.

It would have been so much better PR for EM to admit that they had an engine problem long ago.
They could simply have been honest and said that they were looking into alternatives.
I would have definitely accepted and respected that in a heartbeat.

Love those fenders!

There should be 65,000+ likes to this post.
Thanks and maybe you can direct them along with yourself to this post in General Discussion..." What Can I Do With This Elio?"

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am now sitting at home checking my bank account and sharpening my teeth. It's time to rock.

I just installed a black pickguard and poker chip today. Black pup frames are on the way.

firstact_ME201_2.jpg

Last edited:

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I forget the final price $7150 if I recall, that those of us $1000 all in reservation holders got when we executed a binding agreement to purchase. (Not to count the reservation bonus which in my case is $500.) Would not the bonding agreement protect our price?

Last edited:
Top Bottom