• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Keyfree System

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
$500 for a backup camera? Holy smoke. :eek: I would like to know what they are smoking and where I can get some because it's clearly really good stuff... ;) Anybody who can afford that much for a trinket already has a luxury vehicle with cameras built-in.

The only use I have for a backup camera is hitching a trailer. Makes it way simpler to get the ball under the hitch first time, every time. Otherwise, I use my eyes, brain, mirrors, and due caution to back up.

Amazes me how many people back up at warp speed in crowded parking lots. Those idiots don't need backup cameras, they need brains and driving lessons! :mad:
Yeah, but it's got little solar panels, and wireless so there's nothing else to do.
Gee, just think how easy that will be to take.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife has a button on the remote for her car that will make the horn beep. She's always forgetting where she parked at the mall and claims she can't live without it. Hope that's available on the new Elio. If not, I'm in trouble.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife has a button on the remote for her car that will make the horn beep. She's always forgetting where she parked at the mall and claims she can't live without it. Hope that's available on the new Elio. If not, I'm in trouble.
Cheaper to just use the phone to take a picture of the parking space number and floor level. Works for me (full disclosure: I have the beeper, too, but the pics are more effective for me). YMMV.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cheaper to just use the phone to take a picture of the parking space number and floor level. Works for me (full disclosure: I have the beeper, too, but the pics are more effective for me). YMMV.
Motorola Car Finder knows when you stop your car and marks your parking spot on a map in your phone. When you get back from your trip, you just turn on the app and it guides you to your car. It remembers for you without having to be turned on. Of course, it doesn't do much good at the airport if you can't remember which park and relax type of service you used...

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score

In the first few months she'll just have to look for a crowd surrounding something - it'll be her car.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You may be rethinking that remark when you're wandering through a parking lot with 30 or more Elios, several of which are the same color as yours.

I rented a black Toyota Corolla for a week recently and walked up to the wrong car two or three times because there was an identical one a couple of spots down.

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You may be rethinking that remark when you're wandering through a parking lot with 30 or more Elios, several of which are the same color as yours.

I rented a black Toyota Corolla for a week recently and walked up to the wrong car two or three times because there was an identical one a couple of spots down.
That's why we each need to customize our Elios to tell them apart. It'll only take one or two options to differentiate them (retro vs. classic fenders, color carpeting, OEM radio vs. aftermarket, fender lights, etc.).

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good advice; it does bother me when I see someone with a computer that's acting up and refuses to get it fixed.
They would rather sit and bitch about it.
Or they keep thinking "it will get better on it's own".
I take mine into the shop and they tell me nothing is wrong. I get home and the problem miraculously reappears immediately. What's a guy to do?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's why I like those antenna balls--you know, the foam smiley faces or Jack-In-The-Box head that you pop onto the antenna of your car. Always easy to spot my car out of the crowd.

However, many modern cars forego the aerial in trade for some sort of modern integrated antenna (as the Elio will no doubt have). But I find that hanging unique things from the rear view mirror also helps me identify my own car....

:doh: no rear view mirror on the Elio either. Hmmm.....

Top Bottom