• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

La Auto Show 2015

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, looking through the list, how many of those startups have physical things to even show?
One is basically a ride share, one is a "loan your car to strangers" thing, one is a steering wheel sensor, and the rest are software based. The Elio will garner most of the attention by a long shot!
I hope with some of the previous investor interest in CA in particular, that this will be a productive venue as well as some good press. :car:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not know what to expect from the LA Auto Show. I was expecting a large rush of reservations from the New York Auto Show. I suggested those who wanted a second Elio to place their reservation before the NY Auto show before the rush. I could not have been more wrong and I think I was not the only one. In some ways, New York seems an inappropriate place to have any auto show. It is a dense urban city where having a car is a liability. It is not a city into cars, but it is a population center and even more so, an investment center. Unfortunately not many people in that city is interested in investing in vehicles. I don’t think much investment came from New York. On the other hand, look where the Elio crowd funding campaign started. LA. And it has been wildly successfully. Perhaps the Elio experience should be a lesson to other car companies. If they have limited resources, just skip New York, and come to LA.

Now. What about the LA Auto Show. Will this show be different? I hope so and I think it will. Unlike New York which is a city not interested in cars, LA is a car town. It has creative design centers dedicated to cars. Exotic cars are so common in this town, no one really pays attention to them. The media loves to talk about cars. The home page for the LA Auto Show has the Elio on its front page being the first thing people see! LA is the home to Hollywood. You have no idea what hype is until you live in this town. Plus, LA is in a state obsessed with environmentalism and likes the idea of burning less hydrocarbons. Yes, I believe the Elio will do better in LA though after New York my expectations are guarded. However, I do suggest (again) if you want a second Elio, you place your reservation before the LA Auto Show.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will bet he will be ,lol. A nickle !

lol, k, Was he at the NY show? Is anything else happening of any importance at that same time? So, if the answers were yes and no, then I'd risk $5 bucks to say he will be. But that's what you meant yes? "Duh, I'll be there?" ( just checking :-) )

Last edited:
Top Bottom