• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lack Of Interest

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's plenty that says it's still alive, like that none of the board have sold any of their stock or that no announcements have been made about partners or vendors backing out.
If you're drawing a nice salary and siphoning money off into other corporations that you have interest in, there's no need to send up any red flags by selling stock. Hell, you can cry along with everybody else about how the stock is worthless. To do otherwise is to concede fraud. Instead, take the hit on what little stock value you lost as a gambit in the event of legal ramifications to the company bankruptcy while moving your cash to offshore accounts (or where ever).

As for vendors backing out.... Did those vendors ever make announcements that they were in? I don't recall such. It was always Elio making the announcements. Granted, they couldn't do so without concurrence, but the point is that Elio was the only company that was making such announcements. That said, do you honestly expect Elio to announce that parnters have pulled out? I sure as hell don't.

It seems like they are in a critical period for financing and we're waiting to hear the outcome, but until something critical falls through they aren't dead.

No, they aren't officially dead. But then, some poor slob who's just had his intestines eaten by a lion isn't dead until his heart stops beating....but everybody knows how that story is going to end. In the same spirit, legally Elio still has a pulse but I don't believe there's a doctor on the planet who both has the skills and the motivation to save Elio.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Only good news this week was from Joel Sheldon on the elio facebook page. He has really made progress on the state's changing the laws. And there was a hint that we will be getting news about the 100 pre-production vehicle (announced over a year ago) and the vendors getting them. Hang in there people, it's going to happen. I must admit, I am pissed about the last to emails from elio being so dam lame. We really really need some good news. Oh, I got it, OHIO Elio Enthusiasts Sit down Dinner meeting next Saturday. YAY! You all are Welcome.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always find it interesting that when people on this forum decide to "move on" they feel obligated to start a new thread stating as much. What's the point? You won't be here to read the responses! If I decide to "bail", nobody will ever know ['cept JEBar...he's my awesome steak guy! :hungry:]. It does give the Naysayers some fodder, because misery loves company.
And to follow your own guidelines...
Your point is? :D

It's an interesting case study in how different people can look at the same facts and come to completely different conclusions.

Regarding most of the responses to this...
Nothing like getting sucked into proving someone's point for them. ;)
My $1K membership in the SIL club is non-refundable and currently has no expiration date...

So I'm here for the duration, like it or not.

Last edited:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only good news this week was from Joel Sheldon on the elio facebook page. He has really made progress on the state's changing the laws. And there was a hint that we will be getting news about the 100 pre-production vehicle (announced over a year ago) and the vendors getting them. Hang in there people, it's going to happen. I must admit, I am pissed about the last to emails from elio being so dam lame. We really really need some good news. Oh, I got it, OHIO Elio Enthusiasts Sit down Dinner meeting next Saturday. YAY! You all are Welcome.
Do you have to have an Elio to participate ? :p :p :p

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why would any vendors "back out"? And even more to the point, "back out" from what exactly?
It's not like it's costing any of them anything (including face) to continue to be potential "partners" (suppliers) with/to Elio Motors.
Put yourself in the position of a supplier of a component that this author will call a "widget". The supplier needs to know how many widgets will be needed and the date they will be needed. Now things get complicated so, if anyone out there has an MBA in manufacturing processes, please feel free to fill the gaping holes that I am about to create. The primary supplier needs to determine if the monthly production requirements can be met with existing production capacity or if new capacity needs to be added. If new capacity is needed, how is the need to be met? Should a new shift be added to use current excess production capabilities? Should a new production line be added and, if so, where? Should an addition be made to the current factory, if even possible? Should a new factory be build? A big decision involving big money. How many new employees will be needed? How long will it take to hire and train the new employees? How will all of this be financed? Notice that I did not mention Just-in-time (JIT) manufacturing or any of its cousins, an entirely new level of complexity. Now pass this process and all that I have not mentioned on to the secondary suppliers, the suppliers that provide materials to the primary suppliers that provide a finished widget to Elio. Finally, add the impact of the cost of any delay announced by Elio.
Good management can solve these problems only if adequate financing is available. For example, Google's deep pockets have made many good things happen and happen quickly. Therefore, we at Elio Owners should redouble our efforts to help EM get the necessary financing.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Linamar backed out. It was not on their list of suppliers.
Linamar may have simply completed their portion of the task which did not include ongoing supply. But I'm sure they are still on the Rolodex (or whatever has replaced it.) That is a far cry from backing out.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.eliomotors.com/about-elio/#suppliers

Linamar is still on the supplier's list. ???
Yup, there are a lot of others on there I've never heard of but Linamar is in that list <see below>
Suppliers.gif

Who is MAE? and NT3?

Top Bottom