• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Latest Google Search News Artical

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"The transmission on the P5 will be a Multi-mode Manual Transmission from Aisin the world's largest transmission manufacturer."

That article is not much clearer. The assumption seems to be that the P5 will be a manual trans, probably for gas mileage reasons, but nothing indicates anything other than a manual unless it falls under the 'multi-mode' category, but then why call it a manual transmission.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know, the last sentence in the first paragraph was pretty clear to me :rolleyes:

Excerpt:

TROY, Mich., June 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Elio Motors today announced it has begun work on its fifth generation prototype vehicle following a successful supplier summit meeting here last week. The P5 will include Elio Motors' recently unveiled 0.9 liter, 3-cylinder engine prototype and a manual transmission.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't have a reference link, but I could have sworn that somewhere along the line...
EM stated that the best gas mileage will be achieved by the (more expensive) AMT tranny.
In most vehicles that offer both transmissions, the AMTs gets the better mileage.

Top Bottom