• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Legal: Motorcycle License And Helmet Laws

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mass. has a 2 day rider course to get your motorcycle license.. It was not that cheap or easy in fact many failed! The course is actually very good and they supplied small 100cc bikes mostly Honda's.. The skills you learn are beneficial to both car and motorcycle drivers\riders.. Wearing a helmet in an Elio is a stupid idea and would actually make driving them dangerous!
My 2 cents..

Ray

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will get a motorcycle license if required by the time I get my elio...but I am not wearing a helmet period, I will argue in court even if I lose I will never wear a helmet.

I'm just wondering, do you wear a seat belt?

And to hopefully stop some of the flames, I am all for personal choice and think people should do whatever they want as long as it doesn't impact others. I also always take advantage of all safety devices.

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score

And to hopefully stop some of the flames, I am all for personal choice and think people should do whatever they want as long as it doesn't impact others. I also always take advantage of all safety devices.
Not when driving semis I seen many roofs smash down the steering wheel and I am 6'3"... I am just wondering if you can consider a helmet in an elio a "saftey device"?, even Paul elio has said it makes it more dangerous to drive with a helmet in an elio. I know I have a little outlaw in myself but I believe in common sense, even if it means I will/have had a couple small fines throughout my life!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I always wear a seat belt. In fact I feel naked without it. :-) Z

Reaction score
Lap belt is fine but I hate to wear the shoulder harness, even before my accident. I am sure I told you all about my accident. I wasn't wearing my shoulder harness but my Mother was. My Mother died 9 days after impact due to the shoulder harness busting her from the shoulder on down. BTW. we both suffered broken legs. I found this is common. Feet fly up and hit the bottom of the dash. The drunk driver was a young beautiful woman. She served nearly 5 years in prison. Living in a small town, I heard about her every once in a while. She is doing well. Working and staying sober.

Top Bottom