• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Legal: Motorcycle License And Helmet Laws

Bill Tyson

Elio Fan
Reaction score
When I took my latest motorcycle test (the last one was over 60 years ago), I did it on a Piaggio MP-3. Did not have any problems with the Kansas DMV.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Am confused----State of Florida----will the Elio be liscensed as an automobile or a motorcycle? Can you operate it with a regular drivers liscense? I assume no helmet required?

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Am confused----State of Florida----will the Elio be liscensed as an automobile or a motorcycle? Can you operate it with a regular drivers liscense? I assume no helmet required?

I wouldn't worry about it, I think by the time it comes out you should be able to use a regular license in all 50 states.

Floyd

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I just saw this news article;

"Elio Motors now seeking to change Miss. helmet law"

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/view...lio-Motors-now-seeking-change-Miss-helmet-law

I think the company really wants/needs to be able to market "no helmet needed in all 50 states."

More importantly, if the company had any internal doubts about actually building this car, they would certainly NOT be spending time working to change laws in the remaining 5 states (especially a lower population state like beautiful Mississippi). I am a believer from the start, but it is good to see this welcome sign.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does the Fl DMV have any info? It sounds like the Elio staff is being diligent regarding helmet/MC license requirements. I'll assume they'll get it all smoothed out by the time of release. Elio will be the first full production vehicle of this type, but they won't be the only one for long. DMV's will have to address this issue soon.

Top Bottom