• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lights On Wheel Covers

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps painting the fenders with a color different than the rest of the vehicle may help. It would be nice if the entire color palette was available. BTW, I'm dreaming of my school colors: BLUE vehicle with YELLOW fenders.
David, welcome from a long term Elio supporter in New Mexico

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think either an illuminated or highly reflectorized Elio logo on the rear center of the wheel fenders would suffice. And one on the rear plastic panel under the license plate, somewhat smaller.

I think I will use the DOT reflective tape that is used on the rear of almost all 18 wheeler trailers. I will use the white reflective portion on the front of the fender and the red portion on the rear. It is a $20 solution for greater visibility from the rear and front.

https://www.amazon.com/Reflective-T...=UTF8&qid=1473773803&sr=8-7&keywords=DOT+tape

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I like the idea that someone had to have white LEDs shine from the suspension cutout area on the body onto the fenders. I think it will look neat and also help bring attention to other drivers to the location of the outriggers. And no need to run power to the fenders for lighting. The things barely stay on as is!!! :p

I like where you are going with this. I have become concerned with the Elio wheel spread vs. the body light placement and feel this could be dangerous on a dark dark night. I have even been stopped at an intersection at night with a stopped vehicle on my left and made a left turn only to find the stopped vehicle or something sticking out of it that made the vehicle wider than I anticipated for my turn. Remember the Elio may wind up on the center line if you do not allow for driver placement in the center of the road.

Has anyone seen or have a true photo of an Elio oncoming at night with its headlight on? Not some photo shop picture but one on a dark night.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like where you are going with this. I have become concerned with the Elio wheel spread vs. the body light placement and feel this could be dangerous on a dark dark night. I have even been stopped at an intersection at night with a stopped vehicle on my left and made a left turn only to find the stopped vehicle or something sticking out of it that made the vehicle wider than I anticipated for my turn. Remember the Elio may wind up on the center line if you do not allow for driver placement in the center of the road.

Has anyone seen or have a true photo of an Elio oncoming at night with its headlight on? Not some photo shop picture but one on a dark night.

You can put some 3M reflective film on the fenders. Very effective

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You know, I have forgotten what the retro fenders and wheels look like. Not many pictures around. I would want fender lights for the retro fenders which I think I would order. I like the old hot rod look.

Concerned about how far the retro fenders wrap down to the ground. I recall posts about sling stuff on the side of the car. The retro fenders need there own flaps.

Top Bottom