• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Limited Edition For Those Having Reservations?

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope Elio will go back to the matching colored panels rather than the black panels because I think they are far more appealing
I completely agree.
Ditto however I doubt it will happen. The wheel covers will no doubt be a different material than the body. Not painting them in a mass production setting would be the most economical course.

The rear cover will also have the "grill" type structure in order to provide structure. Customizers who want this smooth will have to fabricate their own and figure out how to keep it from flexing while in use.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ditto however I doubt it will happen. The wheel covers will no doubt be a different material than the body. Not painting them in a mass production setting would be the most economical course.

The rear cover will also have the "grill" type structure in order to provide structure. Customizers who want this smooth will have to fabricate their own and figure out how to keep it from flexing while in use.
Remove it. Brace it up and create a fiberglass mold, modify the mold and then use a chopper or hand lay reinforced new fabrications. Over simplified but is generally the procedure.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For a limited edition, how about if the first so many had some kind of signature plaque on the dash or something?
How about under the hood? not much dash space except on the color trim plates and now that I have said that, why not there?

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
quote="Ty, post: 12515, member: 502"]For a limited edition, how about if the first so many had some kind of signature plaque on the dash or something?[/quote]
Maybe something like:
2500/2500 4/12/2015
Created for: Harry I. Ball
<Paul Elio > signature.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That typically is NOT how it is done. Normally remove all trim - paint - replace trim - add any new trim

"Typically"? Really?
That trim being a "one of" it would be much easier to make the trim fit the body of the EE first. Then take it off and do the paint job. It is much easier to match the paint job to the trim than the trim to the paint job, yes?

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Typically"? Really?
That trim being a "one of" it would be much easier to make the trim fit the body of the EE first. Then take it off and do the paint job. It is much easier to match the paint job to the trim than the trim to the paint job, yes?
Yes really! "it would be much easier to make the trim fit the body of the EE first" and I am in full agreement with that statement as well. But it doesn't need to be affixed to the vehicle prior to painting. Masking trim and painting belonge in the realm of used car lots and plaid jacketsbecause it is less labor intensive and plain CHEAPER. If you are going to do a custom piece, you do a custom piece, if you are going to do a job that you can be proud of, do it right

Top Bottom