• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lios Talk Nuggets

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I missed something, but I was under the impression that production would start Spring 2017, give or take, so second half next year could still put it July , August time frame.
You're new to this, aren't you? ;)

When a company, especially a startup with no products, says "second half of next year", it means "maybe sometime the following year. If we don't go broke first." Sadly, Elio is starting to smell more and more like Aptera. :pout:

I remain committed to the bitter end. :usa2:

Reaction score
Paul Elo did a presentation today for venture capitalists and heavy weight investors. Mostly familiar ground, but some nuggets surfaced:

OH, Thank You Ekh. I wasn't able to view it and haven't yet. Thank You. But, I believe, the big impact on the market you predicted flopped. Maybe tomorrow. 600 reservations sold this week.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Lilly you may be right. But, presentations are only a small part of this weekend. Most of it is set aside for one-on-one meetings between potential investors and Company CEOs. That's where the real action happens. Of course, if the presentation isn't any good, then there's not much hope that the one on one meetings if there are any will bear fruit. I thought this presentation was squarely focused on the financial reasons Elio could succeed, and that's where it needed to be for this audience. Anyway, I'm hoping for the best.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I listened to the Liolios presentation and gathered the following. I encourage other people to listen to the presentation and view the slides and comment. The presentation can be found at:

http://wsw.com/webcast/liolios2/elio/index.aspx?utm_campaign=Momentum

Some of this information is already know.

Adesa will use their existing infrastructure at their auction sites to install options (slide 15/33)

7 marshalling centers within 9 hours of stores

Adesa have 150 brick and morter sites with infrastructure to install assets and space to inventory the vehicles (Note: this does not mean 150 marshalling centers)

CarArrive Network (owned by Adesa) will move the vehicles from Shreveport to the Adesa site and then to the store

Phillips 66 is a partner (I don’t know their function yet).

Slide 23/33 says:
Need to raise additional capital of $272 Million to start production.
Intend to raise remaining capital primarily through customer reservations and/or additional equity and/or debt offering.

120 showrooms are planned
Average of 2 show rooms per market in top 60 markets
Arkansas has 1 show room
LA has 4 show rooms

23% gross margin
Make approximately $1,000 per vehicle

(note: they only showed 25 of 33 slides. I would like to have seen the other slides)

Again, I encourage people to listen to this and view the slides. You have to register at the beginning but it is simple. They want to know your company name, so I entered “self” and that was accepted. It was easy.

What is your opinion on his presentation?

Eliodude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I listened to the Liolios presentation and gathered the following. I encourage other people to listen to the presentation and view the slides and comment. The presentation can be found at:

http://wsw.com/webcast/liolios2/elio/index.aspx?utm_campaign=Momentum

Some of this information is already know.

Adesa will use their existing infrastructure at their auction sites to install options (slide 15/33)

7 marshalling centers within 9 hours of stores

Adesa have 150 brick and morter sites with infrastructure to install assets and space to inventory the vehicles (Note: this does not mean 150 marshalling centers)

CarArrive Network (owned by Adesa) will move the vehicles from Shreveport to the Adesa site and then to the store

Phillips 66 is a partner (I don’t know their function yet).

Slide 23/33 says:
Need to raise additional capital of $272 Million to start production.
Intend to raise remaining capital primarily through customer reservations and/or additional equity and/or debt offering.

120 showrooms are planned
Average of 2 show rooms per market in top 60 markets
Arkansas has 1 show room
LA has 4 show rooms

23% gross margin
Make approximately $1,000 per vehicle

(note: they only showed 25 of 33 slides. I would like to have seen the other slides)

Again, I encourage people to listen to this and view the slides. You have to register at the beginning but it is simple. They want to know your company name, so I entered “self” and that was accepted. It was easy.

What is your opinion on his presentation?

Thanks for your posting!

I keep drifting back to Paul's early plans to produce a simple "off the self" low cost vehicle.

After reviewing his presentation, it's apparent how much complexity has been added to Elio Motor's original business model.

Just too complicated for a young startup with very little funding. As an example, unproven concepts like the "marshaling centers" may prove to be unworkable. It's easy to comprehend why funding to initiate production has become so elusive!

Elio Motor could spend years putting the vision's outlined in this presentation in place.

If they wish to succeed, it's will probably be necessary to simplify their ambitions.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The lock-to-lock thing kinda got to me. I can see doing that on a dirt track or skid pad, but in real life I can't think of a time when that extreme a motion would be needed. Maybe I'm just not imaginative enough. But even at 50 mph, it proves the Elio ain't no Robin!
Think crash avoidance.
You're traveling at highway speed, something fall off the truck, lands in the middle of your lane. Would you rather hit it not knowing what it is, or swerve to avoid it?

Top Bottom