• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

List Of New Parts Versus Existing Parts Thread

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The point of the thread (gosh, it shouldn't have to be said, even as it is entirely self-obvious) is prove me wrong: start listing PART NUMBERS from parts suppliers in ACTIVE production or from PARTS RESELLERS with ACTUAL inventoried items.

Or, go on believing the LIE, just because it pleases you, I guess. Can't understand why people love deluding themselves though.

Snick,
Why would EM or any other manufacturer list parts for YOU, or for anyone they do not have to?... where does it say they have to list different parts of their Autocycle... buy one and get an owners parts list, like everyone else...

So... are you yet, another one of those people who get paid to stir up... stuff... sure sounds like it...

If you do not believe in the Elio project... then... be gone!

If you believe everyone on this site is deluding themselves... Why are you even here... you don't have to save the rest of us...

It is to late... We already believe in Elio Motors... so you are wasting your time...

Elio Motors does not have to list or say anything... they just have to work on getting the Elio on the market...

But because of silly attitudes like yours... it just slow stuff down...

Get a grip... move on... or buy in and wait in line like the rest of us...

Proud to Be an Elio owner #2225 see ya on the road....

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This forum is for future Elio owners (the clue is in the name).

Why on earth would the average car owner be expected to be able to quote part numbers for a car not yet built? Even enthusiasts for long established and out of production vehicles would have difficulty doing so, especially for internal engine parts.

I can do it to some extent for my own car because I built it from scratch (and the engine and gearbox) and had to source many parts myself, but for a car not yet in production? No chance. Even the folk who build mass produced vehicles won't know individual part numbers - they just pick up the parts put in front of them and get on with the job.

The "all American" quote was obviously just marketing hype. Unless Americans are prepared to work for less money than their Far East or Asian equivalents, it won't be possible, especially on such a low cost vehicle. The photo of the engine control unit just posted by Elio on their own website shows the label which had "Made in India" printed on it.

Your major manufacture of helicopters was hyping a similar "all American" mantra a few years ago. I pointed out to the person involved (a senior employee) that I knew that the airframes were being built in Eastern Europe, and had been for some time. He went very quiet.

Surely, the point is, if Elio puts food on the table of presently unemployed Americans, then good for him.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the end, it won't matter to most which parts are off-the-shelf or Elio specific. When something breaks, they'll go to the parts store and order a hoojamadingle for a '16 Elio. The parts guy (or owner, if they're mechanical AND have access to an Elio IPL {Illustrated Parts List}) will grab the hoojamadingle based on the Elio part number and not the supplier part number.

A really savvy parts guy might notice that the Hoojamadingle is the same as the one on a '58 Edsel, and a buck two ninety seven cheaper if ordered that way, but don't count on it.

Case in point, the $45 mower deck belt on my zero turn is actually a standard 4L belt available at the local hardware store for less than $30, but the OEM part number doesn't specifically cross reference, or even give a size in the IPL.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A really savvy parts guy might notice that the Hoojamadingle is the same as the one on a '58 Edsel, and a buck two ninety seven cheaper if ordered that way, but don't count on it.

True, the rear brakes for my car are catalogued as Reliant. But apart from the drum, they are the same as Triumph Spitfire parts. Far cheaper to buy the latter.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All I care about is that there are quality parts on the shelves with an adequate supply to build a fully assembled Elio........no parts missing.....to include the IAV Engine. I'm would be happy if the Elio was just assembled in the USA with no parts left over.

I suspect Elio is finalizing the parts list as we speak and makes me wonder just how many total parts that is...............to build a base model Elio. Perhaps a contest.

The average car has about 30,000 parts............the Elio 1/2 a car concept.......guessing 10,500 parts total.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I suspect Elio is finalizing the parts list as we speak and makes me wonder just how many total parts that is...............to build a base model Elio. Perhaps a contest.

according to very limited reports, they are still making decisions on some parts to be used and even some design features (example: flat towing connections) .... at some point decisions will have to be made

Jim

Top Bottom