• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Little News From Tesla

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a quote from CR reliability survey:

Owners of the 2017 Jaguar F-Pace, for instance, complain about problems ranging from a leaking differential to the InControl infotainment system, which can suffer from a frozen screen or fail to start up. Other recent new models that fared poorly in their first year include the 2015 Jeep Renegade (problems with the transmission, in-car electronics, power equipment, and drive system), 2016 Tesla Model X (falcon-wing doors and paint and trim, among others), and 2016 Volvo XC90 (in-car electronics, power equipment, brakes, and noises and leaks).

I think I'll take the rattles and squeaks, since they're given equal weight as actual reliability issues...

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's interesting to me that this site goes out of its way to try to put down Tesla. You'd think potential Elio owners would be more sympathetic/empathetic to a start up automotive company trying to make its way against stiff odds.

Ah well, life is full of surprises.

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it's so much a desire to put down Tesla, but to present information in an honest manner. Tesla has issues, sure, but I still hope they succeed. I also hope that Paul Elio reads this blog site every once in a while and understands his every move will be scrutinized. Many companies hype their products, put a spin on bad news, etc., but in the end the truth will become known. Companies that try to hide the truth will only face more troubles in the future. The challenge for them is to have good news that allows the bad news to be forgotten/forgiven. At the moment, Elio's bad news is that they haven't yet gotten the finances they need. That has never been hidden. It will also be forgiven when they do get the finances. Very soon I hope.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New Model 3 review by an independent reviewer:

I've seen a couple of this guy's videos. He has a habit of comparing models/brands that are on vastly different levels. A comparison between a subcompact economy car and a luxury sport sedan isn't a meaningful comparison. He has some good individual insights on vehicles, but if it's not a high-powered luxury car, he's going to give it a low rating.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of this guy's videos. He has a habit of comparing models/brands that are on vastly different levels. A comparison between a subcompact economy car and a luxury sport sedan isn't a meaningful comparison. He has some good individual insights on vehicles, but if it's not a high-powered luxury car, he's going to give it a low rating.

No system is perfect, and always has a bit of personal bias that influences the outcome. I don't pay attention as much to his overall scoring. I think he does a good job of pointing out the what works and doesn't work with the individual vehicle.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's interesting to me that this site goes out of its way to try to put down Tesla. You'd think potential Elio owners would be more sympathetic/empathetic to a start up automotive company trying to make its way against stiff odds.

Ah well, life is full of surprises.
People hate Tesla because they can't afford it! :D They come up with all kind of excuses like short range to too much technology to pricey battery that degrades overtime, etc. I tell ya, if the Tesla 3 is priced like the Elio (I know, very unlikely), these haters will be the first in line to buy one...or two! :D No surprises there.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People hate Tesla because they can't afford it! :D They come up with all kind of excuses like short range to too much technology to pricey battery that degrades overtime, etc. I tell ya, if the Tesla 3 is priced like the Elio (I know, very unlikely), these haters will be the first in line to buy one...or two! :D No surprises there.

I think price does play a role in the hate, but I also think the media adds to it. Today, everything has to be sensationalized to sustain that sweet online ad revenue based business model. It's rather unfortunate.

Tesla has its problems like any company, but I own what is considered one of their least reliable vehicles. The simple truth is that this vehicle is so utterly amazing that I can live with the fact that the fit and finish may not be as good as other $100k+ vehicles. I've had no issues with paint, the falcon wing doors, or squeaks and rattles (I'm only 3 months into ownership though), and when the majority of issues published are cosmetic, it gives me great confidence in the attributes of the vehicle that would be reliability issues for me.

But, hey, if everyone was interested in the same thing we'd have far fewer automotive choices.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it's so much a desire to put down Tesla, but to present information in an honest manner. Tesla has issues, sure, but I still hope they succeed. I also hope that Paul Elio reads this blog site every once in a while and understands his every move will be scrutinized. Many companies hype their products, put a spin on bad news, etc., but in the end the truth will become known. Companies that try to hide the truth will only face more troubles in the future. The challenge for them is to have good news that allows the bad news to be forgotten/forgiven. At the moment, Elio's bad news is that they haven't yet gotten the finances they need. That has never been hidden. It will also be forgiven when they do get the finances. Very soon I hope.
Nope, it's a few individual's desire to put down Tesla, just as it's the desire of a few individuals to put down Elio, by only pointing out the negative reviews. However, there has to be some positive reviews available to point out and the positives outweigh the negatives.

When Tesla and Elio prove to be a successful vehicle manufacturers and reviews are 100% positive I'll buy one of their vehicles.

Last edited:

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio once said, " the Elio has to be over engineered, and well tested. The design is so new and radical to most of the public that imperfections and recalls won't be as tolerated like on established brands." That's really a paraphrase of what he said.

Top Bottom