• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Little News From Tesla

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't hate the Tesla, I just don't love it. I have the means to purchase one, but after a grandfather drilled Great Depression lessons into my head as a child I am unable to part with that much money to get me from point A to point B. Or maybe too many Economics courses in college did it to me. Was probably a combination of both.
You just agreed with me that if it was cheaper like the ELIO, then you'll LOVE to buy one! :D You've got to get past the ICE mentality before you truly appreciate EVs. It's apples and oranges baby!

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll get passed the ICE mentality, when batteries get better for range, and cheaper. Some day in the future, I'm sure.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla's 300+ mile range and super charger network may make it more feasible to drive cross country, but still not cheap for the average driver. However, the affordable three wheeler commuter EVs about the storm the market (SOLO, SRK, SONDORs) will take care of 80-90% of the average daily drivers needs with the 100, 70-140 mile range and serve their primary purpose as a supplement to the family I.C.E..

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The only thing holding me back from the Tesla is the cost and track record. Waiting for battery tech to improve is getting to be a silly excuse at this point. Of course battery tech will get better, but for a 300 mile range now, it already meets most commuters requirements. Ok Ok, Lets say I have to pay $2500 to replace my batteries in 3 or 4 years. Not a big deal. The maintenance on my current( older ) car is about the same in the same time period. Now, track record. Unlike the average commuter, my commute would put a bunch of miles on the Tesla really fast. Without year or two of real world running, the Tesla at that price is hard for me to swallow. I could buy a whole bunch of ICE's and throw them away for the 50K price of the Model 3 (as quoted) though I must say, I would be way more comfortable in the Model 3 than the cheap ICE's or even the Elio had It actually been made. Still, I have my eye on a Model 3 for maybe late 18 early 19. My money saved for the Elio has remained untapped (accept for a trip west to see the SRK) and will make a good down payment.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While a 20% degradation sounds good for 200,000 mile, the number is biased in that they are in California. Who is doing a similar test where it actually gets down below freezing or above 100F? Most batteries do not like extreme temperature differences.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well that looks promising. Finland has relatively cold temperatures. I wonder how long it took to get the warranty work done.

Top Bottom