• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Little News From Tesla

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Current degradation trends on Tesla's packs places the expectation of losing 20% capacity (that is battery capacity down to 80%) at around 400-500k miles.

https://insideevs.com/200000-miles-tesla-model-s-experienced-6-battery-degradation/

Yes, My issue is that 90 percent of my driving will be at highway speeds, 55 to 70mph continuous. That draw may age the pack quicker for me than the average commuter. By how much remains to be be seen. Probably not that much actually. Anyway, Im more concerned about the power controller and motors and such than the batteries at this point. Battery tech will be better come time to swap them out for sure. Thats just it about the Tesla, the idea of the EV is only getting better in leaps and the concept of the ICE is slowly getting worse.

As a side note, My other concern is that I sometimes get a short turn around so they suggested a higher current charger for the home. That would run me an additional 1 to 2K. Again, not a biggie. What kills me is there is a Tesla fast charging station 32 miles from my house. Thats a 64 mile trip. Dang! Though its right in front of a grocery store. Hmmmm

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, My issue is that 90 percent of my driving will be at highway speeds, 55 to 70mph continuous. That draw may age the pack quicker for me than the average commuter. By how much remains to be be seen. Probably not that much actually. Anyway, Im more concerned about the power controller and motors and such than the batteries at this point. Battery tech will be better come time to swap them out for sure. Thats just it about the Tesla, the idea of the EV is only getting better in leaps and the concept of the ICE is slowly getting worse.

As a side note, My other concern is that I sometimes get a short turn around so they suggested a higher current charger for the home. That would run me an additional 1 to 2K. Again, not a biggie. What kills me is there is a Tesla fast charging station 32 miles from my house. Thats a 64 mile trip. Dang! Though its right in front of a grocery store. Hmmmm

The Tesloop vehicle I cited is almost entirely Hwy, and almost solely charged at Superchargers.

Yes, Tesla is apparently working on a "million mile motor," though I have no idea what their expectation of the current motors are. They had a run of motor issues a couple years ago, but they seem to have figured that out.

We recently moved and added a 100A line to the garage, so we can charge 3 EVs at once. It certainly helps to have faster charging, even if it isn't "necessary" for our particular needs.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well that looks promising. Finland has relatively cold temperatures. I wonder how long it took to get the warranty work done.

Probably, relatively quick. Tesla's run into repair issues with collision damage, for the most part. They only allow work to be done at certain shops, and only with OE parts...something I wish they'd change their policy on.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be good if there was an exchange program for the batteries. When I was a forklift driver, we could get a new battery in about five minutes.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Takes me 5 minutes to refuel my old gas powered dinosaur to take me another 350 miles. Seems pretty advanced compared to current "refueling" methods for EV's.

Mine refuels as I sleep, then it's ready for another 257 miles. When I surpass that on a trip, a couple times a year, it's a 45 min stop for lunch/dinner to get another ~200 miles down the road.

Works for me.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Takes me 5 minutes to refuel my old gas powered dinosaur to take me another 350 miles. Seems pretty advanced compared to current "refueling" methods for EV's.
There you go with that ICE mentality again!:D Teslas are EVs, yours are ICE. If it don't fit your needs (range) and money's a concern, then it's not for you because Tesla buyers can overlook all those poor excuses. I love to own an EV and the SOLO is perfect for my needs and fits my budget so I'm getting that. But if money's no object, Tesla it is!:D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mine refuels as I sleep, then it's ready for another 257 miles. When I surpass that on a trip, a couple times a year, it's a 45 min stop for lunch/dinner to get another ~200 miles down the road.

Works for me.
On my couple of yearly long cross country trips that's exactly the process I use to refuel my current I.C.E. :)

I'm looking forward to NMG stops and starting every day with a full charge.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There you go with that ICE mentality again!:D Teslas are EVs, yours are ICE. If it don't fit your needs (range) and money's a concern, then it's not for you because Tesla buyers can overlook all those poor excuses. I love to own an EV and the SOLO is perfect for my needs and fits my budget so I'm getting that. But if money's no object, Tesla it is!:D
If money was no object, I could see one of each......a Tesla Model X, SOLO, SOLO Super, Tofino, and an SRK. :)

Top Bottom