• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Little News From Tesla

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I take my Tesla to a Service Centre, 10 min from my house. They also provide Ranger service that will fix your car in your office parking lot, or your driveway.

Tesla will continue to have a supply problem for the foreseeable future, they simply can't keep up with demand. What a problem to have.
Elon needed to think further into the future then. There are about 70 Tesla repair shops in the US as compared to the approximate 1000 that Elio has. I'm thinking that maybe Elon needs to hire Paul right now to get things straightened out. One is proactive in their thinking and the other is reactive.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elon needed to think further into the future then. There are about 70 Tesla repair shops in the US as compared to the approximate 1000 that Elio has. I'm thinking that maybe Elon needs to hire Paul right now to get things straightened out. One is proactive in their thinking and the other is reactive.

RSchneider,

Elon could learn a lot from Paul, are those 1000 Elio repair shops the Pep Boys? Incidentally, you asked on an earlier post what drivers of the Elios could tell us about handling, did you get any responses?

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla will continue to have a supply problem for the foreseeable future, they simply can't keep up with demand. What a problem to have.
It is a very bad problem that can kill a company. What does it matter if you can sell 1000 cars a week, if those that do make it onto the road are sidelined every time he smallest part breaks and can't be repaired? Or if you're receiving 5 times more orders than you can ship? You're company will quickly get a reputation for not being able to deliver to customers, and people will start turning to your competitors to meet their needs.

Tesla, like Elio, needs to hit a certain economy of volume in order to be able to sell their product at a competitive price. If Tesla can't get the cost-to-build of the Model 3 down to a significantly lower price their sale price, they will quickly go bankrupt. They are banking a LOT on the success of the Model 3. If they can't build it fast enough, then they lose the economy of scale. I would bet that Tesla is pricing their Model 3 on hitting that 5k/week production target Elon musk keeps touting. If they can't manage to build more than, say, 2k/week, what will that do to their profitability?

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score

That is why Tesla offers Ranger service, which they are expanding. EVs aren't complicated, something like 90% of Tesla's service visits are capable of being handled by the Ranger service.

Tesla is constantly expanding, and I'm not sure Elio reservation holders are getting much out of those 1000 Pep Boys repair centers, currently. I'm fairly positive Paul has absolutely nothing of value to offer Tesla.

Last edited:

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a very bad problem that can kill a company. What does it matter if you can sell 1000 cars a week, if those that do make it onto the road are sidelined every time he smallest part breaks and can't be repaired? Or if you're receiving 5 times more orders than you can ship? You're company will quickly get a reputation for not being able to deliver to customers, and people will start turning to your competitors to meet their needs.

Tesla, like Elio, needs to hit a certain economy of volume in order to be able to sell their product at a competitive price. If Tesla can't get the cost-to-build of the Model 3 down to a significantly lower price their sale price, they will quickly go bankrupt. They are banking a LOT on the success of the Model 3. If they can't build it fast enough, then they lose the economy of scale. I would bet that Tesla is pricing their Model 3 on hitting that 5k/week production target Elon musk keeps touting. If they can't manage to build more than, say, 2k/week, what will that do to their profitability?

Tesla has some of the highest gross-margins in the business, and the Model 3 will be no different. The majority of their sales will not be for base models, and hundreds of thousands of people are willing to wait for their turn to order one.

Obviously, Tesla is going to have to ramp up production...they do have to sell the vehicles to make money. However, they're currently on point of their original timeline, before Elon pushed it up in an effort to light a fire under everyone. We're talking about their ramp being slower than the new aggressive timeline that Elon set as a goal for the company, as long as they hit 5k/week by the end of Q2 they'll be well on their way.

The doom and gloom that the media spouts constantly about Tesla is simply ridiculous. Not only does Tesla eventually surpass analysts expectations, the stock keeps rising year over-year. Tesla is fine, they'll get the production issues sorted.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 200,000 initial Model 3 roll out reservation numbers surprised Elon. I read an article that said he was planning for 60-70,000 unit’s. Surprise! Tesla is building and have delivered some cars while working out the logistics of scaling for the huge number of pre-orders. There are negative Tesla news writers and negative Elio news writers. Those reading will believe what they want and spout unfounded opinions, others will look at the facts, are aware of Tesla’s successful business model, talk with happy Tesla Owners, and sit back and wait for their official order notice.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Tesla surpassed their initial economy of volume target by 430,000 reservations. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I take my Tesla to a Service Centre, 10 min from my house. They also provide Ranger service that will fix your car in your office parking lot, or your driveway.

My Tesla owner neighbor has had trouble free driving and has used The Ranger Service for a couple of routine systems checks over his 2 years of ownership. He said the only problem with the Tesla is it’s all he wants to drive, so he and his wife argue over whose going to drive it for the day and who gets stuck with the I.C.E..

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you truly believe Elio > Musk, then I love to have some of the stuff you smoke or pop.

You are comparing actual performance against a dream. It's much easier to make the numbers work in a dream. Change gas tank to the side most want it, done. Get 1000 miles per gallon, done. Knock out 1000 units a day, done. Have service centers waiting on every corners, why not.

If Elio does turn it into real production, i'm sure they will have their fair share of pitfalls too.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
RSchneider,

Elon could learn a lot from Paul, are those 1000 Elio repair shops the Pep Boys? Incidentally, you asked on an earlier post what drivers of the Elios could tell us about handling, did you get any responses?
Pep Boys, the leader in top notch service. They have lots of locations as long as you are not in one of their dead zones (i.e. St. Louis). I've been told that places like that will be taken car of.

The responses of the Elio driving experience was overwhelming. Here are some responses I potentially got:
"The Elio glides down the highway like an angel floating across the water"
"Elio got the front roll center just right and they don;t have to run that massive front bar like I thought they were going to to"
"Trail braking is the Elio strong point, once you get it rotated, just give it 100% throttle and it'll pull you right through"
"The wiper works like a gem"
"The steering effort is perfect. Parking it in the city is a breeze"

Top Bottom