• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Little News From Tesla

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla doesn't talk about quality too much and Elio does. I wonder if Elio is trying to get the highest quality possible and it's costing them to make the best product out there while Tesla is making a garbage one but cranking them out at a slow rate. I am starting to believe that Tesla is going to be done this year.
If Elio is trying for the high quality, why did they make such crappy prototypes? I would rather buy Tesla shares at $328 than Elio for a dollar

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla doesn't talk about quality too much and Elio does.
What else does Elio have to talk about?

Also, FWIW: People have been tanking the Models S and X build quality for years. Most specifically the body panel gaps varying like crazy from one end to the other, but also various user-unfriendly system that were obviously designed by engineers and never reviewed for usability, etc. So far, it hans't really hurt Tesla much, so far as anyone can really tell. The only reason that would change is if another major manufacturer can manage to hit big sales with their own mass-market EV, and crush Tesla on quality.

GM has a great candidate with the Bolt, but they just aren't pushing the sales. This is probably due to the same reason that Tesla insists on selling its own cars: The franchised dealer network couldn't sell an EV to save their own lives. And they have no incentive to do so, since EVs will eat into the dealer network's biggest profit center: Service.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EVs will eat into the dealer network's biggest profit center: Service.
I've heard this many times but nobody can ever give me why this would happen. If this was pre 2000, then it makes perfect sense. If you ever go into a dealer today, the mechanics are mostly working on electronics issues and comfort items. ICE in this day of age lasts longer than the physical car and ICE maintenance is down to a bare minimum. The #1 issue that takes a dump on a modern car is an automatic transmission and those normally will last way beyond the warranty period, thus the dealer never sees it.

As for the rest, dealers see plenty of work for that. EV's are an ICE without a multi ratio transmission, as for the rest, it's almost the same. When a sunroof leaks on an EV, its no different than when it does on an ICE powered car.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've heard this many times but nobody can ever give me why this would happen. If this was pre 2000, then it makes perfect sense. If you ever go into a dealer today, the mechanics are mostly working on electronics issues and comfort items. ICE in this day of age lasts longer than the physical car and ICE maintenance is down to a bare minimum. The #1 issue that takes a dump on a modern car is an automatic transmission and those normally will last way beyond the warranty period, thus the dealer never sees it.

As for the rest, dealers see plenty of work for that. EV's are an ICE without a multi ratio transmission, as for the rest, it's almost the same. When a sunroof leaks on an EV, its no different than when it does on an ICE powered car.

Our LEAF hasn't gone to the dealership once in the 23 months we've owned it. Since, dealerships make something like 70% of their profits on service, BEVs are an issue from a maintenance stand-point. They literally require no routine maintenance outside of tire rotations.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score

That is mostly written as a hit piece. The owner of the vehicle chimed in to explain, which really should have been in the article, that Tesla fixed all the issues for him. He also owns a Model S, and went with a Model 3 as opposed to any other EV. He loves the car.

Tesla always has issues with early production, because they try to get them into owners hands as fast as possible. After the initial run of vehicles the kinks get ironed out. Even when people have issues, most end up loving the vehicles anyway...because they're amazing.

Just to add, anyone that thought Elio was somehow going to magically build flawless autocycles out of the gate would most likely have been sorely disappointed.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
65120D2D-10A5-4448-A6C8-4C94CF5BC590.jpeg

A bunch of my friends have been Tesla owner’s for years...they all think their Tesla’s are the best thing since sliced bread!

Check this out...

This chart shows which brands satisfy drivers after living with their vehicles for three years. Tesla and Porsche hold the top two spots on the list of brands ranked by the average of their models’ Owner Satisfaction Scores.

Elon Musk is my hero... he’s a groundbreaking entrepreneur!

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Was reading some interesting comments about the Tesla semi. Seems a bunch of people would love to get the semi, but as a mobile home. Their calculations show that with typical electrical usage, they could park the home in one spot for 75 to 90 days before recharging is required. With a solar panel system installed it would extend this time. Now take all that and add future autonomous capability, and you have a wonderful travel vehicle. I'd consider selling my home and living in one of those.

Top Bottom