• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Little News From Tesla

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Forbes had an interesting article on Tesla today. The author supposedly has sources in the auto industry, including some Tesla suppliers, that claim there is no way Tesla is going to 2,500 Model 3s a week by mid-year.

Apparently Tesla burned $3.5 BILLION in cash last year. That's an almost Uber-level cash burn. Makes you wonder how these companies can keep burning cash at this rate, and still keep going.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimcol...hat-musk-is-running-out-of-time/#3511eda2578a

I wouldn't call it interesting...Forbes also has Bertel Schmitt as a contributor, who is one of the founders of Daily Kanban...and a lunatic Tesla troll.

The thing is, Tesla said that they were going to burn a ridiculous amount of cash bringing the Model 3 to market. Now people are writing articles about the cash burn they claimed they would have.

Now, I'm not saying that everything is peachy, but the point of the cash burn was to enable the sale of lots of Model 3. If they can't deliver they'll be in trouble, but anyone claiming they have insider knowledge should be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DC3C10DE-0ACF-49ED-9C7A-3218FFA7CF87.jpeg

The news regarding Tesla production bottlenecks has prompted a Moody’s downgrade of their credit rating...

Yesterday...Tesla saw its credit rating downgraded by Moody's to B3 from B2...reflecting the slowdown in Model 3 production and ongoing liquidity pressures...

Tesla stock has been on a downward drift the last several weeks...and it lost more than 10% of its value in the last 24 hours...

Hopefully...Musk can solve the Model 3 production issues soon...

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 22602
The news regarding Tesla production bottlenecks has prompted a Moody’s downgrade of their credit rating...

Yesterday...Tesla saw its credit rating downgraded by Moody's to B3 from B2...reflecting the slowdown in Model 3 production and ongoing liquidity pressures...

Tesla stock has been on a downward drift the last several weeks...and it lost more than 10% of its value in the last 24 hours...

Hopefully...Musk can solve the Model 3 production issues soon...

The market as a whole is down, and volatile, so there's a bit more going on than just bad Tesla news driving the stock price down.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The market as a whole is down, and volatile, so there's a bit more going on than just bad Tesla news driving the stock price down.

First let me state... I absolutely love the Tesla vehicles...there’s a Tesla factory showroom less than a block from me!

But...Tesla’s marketshare dominance is about to be diluted...which will more than likely put significant pressure on the Tesla’s profit margin’s...

BMW...Jaguar...Lexus...Mercedes...Porsche...and Volvo all are releasing vehicles within the next 24 months that will compete directly with Tesla in the electric luxury market...

Please understand...I think Musk is a brilliant entrepreneur...but possibly he’s burden Tesla with too much debt...

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But...Tesla’s marketshare dominance is about to be diluted...which will more than likely put significant pressure on the Tesla’s profit margin’s...

BMW...Jaguar...Lexus...Mercedes...Porsche...and Volvo all are releasing vehicles within the next 24 months that will compete directly with Tesla in the electric luxury market...

Please understand...I think Musk is a brilliant entrepreneur...but possibly he’s burden Tesla with too much debt...

I, respectfully, disagree. None of those companies are actually planning to produce anywhere near the numbers of Tesla. Dilution also assumes that the market for BEVs is smaller than it is. It's a huge market, and you're falling into the trap of viewing Tesla as a car company, when they're an energy company.

The reason Tesla's market cap is so high is on the expectations of their overall business, not just the motors side.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I, respectfully, disagree. None of those companies are actually planning to produce anywhere near the numbers of Tesla. Dilution also assumes that the market for BEVs is smaller than it is. It's a huge market, and you're falling into the trap of viewing Tesla as a car company, when they're an energy company.

The reason Tesla's market cap is so high is on the expectations of their overall business, not just the motors side.

No matter how we both view the Tesla business model...they’re saddled with a crushing amount of debt... and an inability to generate much profit...

But they do make wonderful vehicles...

Their market cap is the definition of unrestrained exuberance...reality is now starting to set in...

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No matter how we both view the Tesla business model...they’re saddled with a crushing amount of debt... and an inability to generate much profit...

But they do make wonderful vehicles...

Their market cap is the definition of unrestrained exuberance...reality is now starting to set in...
The world needs more people like Musk. Wish he was only the face and ideas of Tesla. Need a CEO with ideas on containing costs.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Rimac Concept One can do 0 to 60 in 2.9 seconds and can recharge in an hour with 300 mile range. If they reduce the price by $900,000 I will get one.
... and it can do 7 rolls in 5 seconds. Ask Richard Hammond about that!

He didn't realize he had crossed the finish line and didn't make the next curve. This was, of course, because Jeremy Clarkson and James May had talked up his run so much before he drove - telling him that everyone was there to see the Rimrac run a new record. It kept catching fire for 5 days after the accident as the battery would heat up, catch fire, damage the next cell, burn, damage the next cell, etc...

Last edited:
Top Bottom