• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked-in Poll

Are you locked in?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh my heaven. I'm getting besieged by Elio adds online already.
There you go. GOOGLE at it's best

This how the word gets out. The more Google seaches are done for the Elio, the more changes of getting google to display the Elio when ppl search for 3 wheeled car or autocycles.

Now if we can get more members to search for Elioowners

Last edited:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK. Forget for a second that we trust Paul. Forget for a second that we all believe in this. Put on your troll-hat with me for a second.
If they cannot get the loan, and if they cannot get any more funding, they can either sell something for $7000 or go bankrupt. What's stopping them from going out and buying a $1000 moped, making a few modifications, then forcing us to buy it for $7000? I don't see anything in the 'contract' that says, you agree to give us $7000, and we agree to give you a vehicle that looks like this, and performs like this. None of that is spelled out on their end.
Ok. Now you may remove your hats.
GO ELIO!

I'm thinking that IF enough people don't want it after committing AND EM can't get funding............they probably won't have a lot of $$$ to spend trying to get the noncommittal "locked in" people to pay the $7000 ~
Just food for thought :)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If and when E M starts selling units, and they're out there, IMO they will sell out the first year. Once they're rolling, folks will be only to glad to purchase one.
Publicity will be everything- and soon after folks are getting their E's it'll be on every news station in the country and then.........
when folks Know for sure that they'll get an E, (withing 24 hours of ordering- hummmm) after the stores are in place, the time table E M is projecting- ya walk into the store take a test drive, pick your colors and options, and come back the next day to pick up your E !!
If you're waiting for a special color like me (rhymes with mellow), they will evaluate the colors and perhaps put that color in place of that Halloween colored unit, you know the orange and black- for many it's their school colors, for others who live in special "homes" orange is the new black, I rant-
90 degrees here in Seattle, just took my WA special medication, and feeling "cool"
night all VIII:XLVIII

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't understand why people would pass on saving $300.

It makes no sense at all.

"Oh, it's only $2 for that carton of milk? Here, let me pay $10 because I like over paying"
"Discount stores? Who needs them, I like over paying for the same items, I have too much money and just like spending it"

Those two lines sound like they make sense? Even billionaires look for the best deals on everything (No I'm not one of them, but I do know a few as close friends).

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score

"Oh, it's only $2 for that carton of milk? Here, let me pay $10 because I like over paying"
"Discount stores? Who needs them, I like over paying for the same items, I have too much money and just like spending it"

Those two lines sound like they make sense? Even billionaires look for the best deals on everything (No I'm not one of them, but I do know a few as close friends).
AGREED :D

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Because it is making a commitment and they take that seriously? I don't fault anyone for drawing a line and sticking to it. If they are not comfortable putting more money on the line than their initial all-in, that's fine. I'm sure they have financial reasons for it which are none of my business. There are too many idiots out there who think their actions have no consequences. If they think they can't keep their end of the bargain when the Elio rolls in, I applaud them for their integrity. I understand that technically they are not putting any more money up front, but they are giving their word that they will pay when the car is ready and maybe their situation isn't that flexible. It doesn't make sense for you, but maybe it does for them.

That said, hell yeah Im getting that $300 discount! :D

$7000 MSRP
-$1000 All-in Deposit
-$500 All-in Discount
-$200 Early All-in Discount
-$3040 Profit from 400 Elio shares
-------------------------------------------
$2260 Cost of my new Elio! (plus options, taxes, etc)

As of today anyway... Hopefully the stock goes stupid once delivery begins.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If and when E M starts selling units, and they're out there, IMO they will sell out the first year. Once they're rolling, folks will be only to glad to purchase one.
Publicity will be everything- and soon after folks are getting their E's it'll be on every news station in the country and then.........
when folks Know for sure that they'll get an E, (withing 24 hours of ordering- hummmm) after the stores are in place, the time table E M is projecting- ya walk into the store take a test drive, pick your colors and options, and come back the next day to pick up your E !!
If you're waiting for a special color like me (rhymes with mellow), they will evaluate the colors and perhaps put that color in place of that Halloween colored unit, you know the orange and black- for many it's their school colors, for others who live in special "homes" orange is the new black, I rant-
90 degrees here in Seattle, just took my WA special medication, and feeling "cool"
night all VIII:XLVIII

Or there could be people like myself who LIVE in ORANGE, Texas, that is. But there are many others across the country. And my home is special. Just not "special."

But I jest. You want what you want.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking that IF enough people don't want it after committing AND EM can't get funding............they probably won't have a lot of $$$ to spend trying to get the noncommittal "locked in" people to pay the $7000 ~
Just food for thought :)
Of course, if they pulled off that kind of stunt, the payment plan would look something like 2 cents a month until paid off. The commitment isn't really about the Elio, it's about bureaucratic nonsense, so I'll play along.

2ndrew

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

More like, "The milk will cost $2.00 if I promise to buy it now, but I'll pay $2.08 later when I know it isn't sour."

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Because it is making a commitment and they take that seriously? I don't fault anyone for drawing a line and sticking to it. If they are not comfortable putting more money on the line than their initial all-in, that's fine. I'm sure they have financial reasons for it which are none of my business. There are too many idiots out there who think their actions have no consequences. If they think they can't keep their end of the bargain when the Elio rolls in, I applaud them for their integrity. I understand that technically they are not putting any more money up front, but they are giving their word that they will pay when the car is ready and maybe their situation isn't that flexible. It doesn't make sense for you, but maybe it does for them.

That said, hell yeah Im getting that $300 discount! :D

$7000 MSRP
-$1000 All-in Deposit
-$500 All-in Discount
-$200 Early All-in Discount
-$3040 Profit from 400 Elio shares
-------------------------------------------
$2260 Cost of my new Elio! (plus options, taxes, etc)

As of today anyway... Hopefully the stock goes stupid once delivery begins.
The only reason I went All In when I did, I had the full amount for the Elio stashed in an untouchable spot.
If I thought I was going to be questionable about being able to pay for it, I would have gone Want In.
I knew from day one I was buying it so signing the commitment was not a big deal.

I used to play the "I say I want it now, and worry about it when the time comes to pay for it" far to many times and ended up having it turn around and bite me. I finally learned my lesson and grew up mentally and stopped playing that game. If I can't afford it, I don't need it; no playing games any longer.

Top Bottom