• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked-in Poll

Are you locked in?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daryl M

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problems with trying to lock in and being told that I didn't have a non-refundable reservation.
The problem was that I needed to use the original email address I used when I went All-In.
As soon as I used that old address (luckily it is still valid) then my lock-in went through.

Like Coss, I was lucky enough to have some money set aside specifically for the Elio. So, when I went All-In I did it knowing that I could be throwing $1000 away. But, if/when a vehicle was produced there was no question that I was going to buy it. With the locked in price, my $1500 All-In incentive, and the options I want, the price still ends up under $6800. I pay almost that for 1.5 years maintenance on my 2003 BMW.

I'm committed enough that I even have many Elio shares in my retirement account. I plan on retiring within the next three to five years so it is a bit of a gamble. This is something I believe in, though. I think we (the country/world) needs something like the Elio and I want it to succeed. If they do succeed then my retirement will be a bit more comfortable. If they don't, I'll be sad that I didn't get my car (autocycle).

Just my $0.02.

fjm03

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It's Election time. Are you locked in, or will you soon lock-in, as Elio needs us to do?
Have not locked in because Elio is not able, at this time, to provided a location, within 100 miles, that would allow me to at least sit in the vehicle to see if I fit. If Elio would allow me to auction my reservation number (13,000+), should the vechicle not have enough leg room or foot room, then I would lock in.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have not locked in because Elio is not able, at this time, to provided a location, within 100 miles, that would allow me to at least sit in the vehicle to see if I fit. If Elio would allow me to auction my reservation number (13,000+), should the vechicle not have enough leg room or foot room, then I would lock in.
Unless you're over 6'3" you should be fine for leg and head room. Probably shoulder and hip room, too.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea if i am locked in....As of May 2015 they have $1000.00 of mine, I have a spot in line number.....and I have not received anything from Elio by email since Feb 2016!!
Have you gone to the Elio Motors site and checked what mail you are supposed to be receiving? Have you also looked in your junk/spam folders to see if it's getting filtered out? Or if you're using Outlook, the possibility that a rule was written by accident that would block EM mailings.
EM sends out emails 2 or 3 time a week; there are people complaining that they get too much mail some times.
Have you checked your send to address at EM?

As for the Commitment, here's the link to it
https://www.eliomotors.com/lockin/

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
only 180 votes! really! How many members are we? I know, sometimes it seams like only 10 or 12 of us post, but,,,, I hope EM is doing a better job getting a response for the reservation holders.
I don't think 180 participants is all that bad, since there are far more lurkers than active members in the group. I've also noticed -- and this is a good thing -- lots of seldom heard or even brand-new voices speaking up. Still, this is valuable info for EM, because if 8% of the faithful, engaged, active reservation-holders won't commit, what about the far more passive group of reservationists-at-large?

It's interesting to me that this poll has stayed between 7 and 8% "no commit" since it had only 30 participants -- a remarkably steady ratio. Someone better versed in statistics than I am might make more of it (or less) than I do, but it does seem to be extraordinarily stable, which, IMO, makes it more predictive for the larger universe.

By that I don't mean 8% of the larger group won't commit; I mean that the non-committers make a definite percentage of the whole, and probably have identifiable reasons for their choice, reasons EM can probably address if they work harder to keep the campaign for commitment letters active and effective.

Last edited:
Top Bottom