• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked In

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just also received my binding commitment with Elio Motors, Email.

[Broken External Image]

Hello Andre,

Thank you for completing the binding commitment with Elio Motors. We have received your response and there is no additional action needed. You are good to go and locked in at $7,000 for your Elio All In reservation(s).

Thank you for your continued support,

The Elio Marketing Team

Email entered and registered: ******@*****

Date Time of commitment: 8/12/2016 2:23:28 PM

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just also received my binding commitment with Elio Motors, Email.

[Broken External Image]

Hello Andre,

Thank you for completing the binding commitment with Elio Motors. We have received your response and there is no additional action needed. You are good to go and locked in at $7,000 for your Elio All In reservation(s).

The Elio Marketing Team

Email entered and registered: ******@*****

Date Time of commitment: 8/12/2016 2:23:28 PM

Ditto.....

jessemck

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

Hello Jesse,

The Elio Marketing Team

Email entered and registered:

Date Time of commitment: 8/12/2016 1:30:48 PM

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In an ideal world, Elio Motors will give us early full committers the VIP treatment (factory tour, some free options, ?) to reward us for our faith. But I'll be just as happy to have the first Elio in my area.
Elio said you will have the option of picking up your Elio at the plant. Then they will give a tour the first day and deliver your car the next day.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure. $6800 was an estimate that won't be met. Along with several missed delivery dates and fundamental design changes (unibody vs tube chassis) and the basic terms of the deposit agreement have changed, in my opinion. This is no longer the vehicle that I placed a deposit on. I believe we should be entitled to a refund but I doubt that will happen so, at a minimum, we should be able to sell/transfer our SIL.
You can sell / Transfer your SIL to anyone you want, but there's a catch; you have to do it through Elio Motors, they have a form you fill out and submit, the person that gets it / buys it does not get your SIL number; they will get the next number that's currently available; looks like you have 16011 and I think the current numbers are about 19,700, so that would be their number.
Or, you can sign the commitment, get your Elio, and turn around after you own it, and do what ever you want with it. I say sign the commitment because that will give you an additional $300 off the price. You should be able to sell it to someone that doesn't have a reservation and make some kind of profit above what you paid.

The stamped / unibody frame is just as strong, if not stronger that the tube frame, it's also lighter; it will still have 3 airbags; and they have not done a major overall design change; the body will look the same, still 3 wheels, still seats 2 in tandem; so your claim of major design is not truly correct.
The $6,800 was never "locked in", didn't you see the star next to that previous price? the $7,300 or the $7,000 is a locked in base price.
A few other people have printed the original agreement that all Alll In's signed. It's worth the read.

McBrew

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure. $6800 was an estimate that won't be met. Along with several missed delivery dates and fundamental design changes (unibody vs tube chassis) and the basic terms of the deposit agreement have changed, in my opinion. This is no longer the vehicle that I placed a deposit on. I believe we should be entitled to a refund but I doubt that will happen so, at a minimum, we should be able to sell/transfer our SIL.
I don't think most people see the switch to unibody as a bad thing. It's going to be more rigid, safer in a crash, and easier to build (properly). Personally, I was thrilled to see the switch to unibody.

The only people I can imagine who would prefer a tubular frame would be motorcycle enthusiasts. But, the Elio is not a motorcycle. Even if it is similar to a motorcycle in a legal sense, it is like saying a PT Cruiser is a van. Legally speaking, it is a van (because Chrysler couldn't seem to get it to qualify as a car), but you know who doesn't think it's a van? Anyone who owned one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom